POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's strong and he's still disliked. That should tell you how tenuous his position is.

tvolsfan likes this.
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his approval rating isn't materially different from reagan and obama at the same point. of course he's disliked. he's trump. he says whatever comes into his head.

3. Unimane

Which means he could lose to anyone.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Approval rating again. Who cares.
    Many people who dont like Trump, wont ever approve or like him, based on nothing more than personal hate.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he could, but i don't see it. just my opinion. i think he's proven there is a silent great number of people who dont' hate his guts and are afraid of saying so for fear of being called a racist among other things.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah. i don't get the theory that the wave of people who refused to vote for hilary are going to go vote for biden or whatever. obviously the polls are wrong when it comes to trump. he's proven that.

7. Unimane

If they don't like him, they won't vote for him. That's what matters, even if they don't reach your criteria for sufficient reasons not to like him.

8. Unimane

Hillary nearly won and did about as shitty a job as I've ever seen of any candidate. She didn't even visit Wisconsin. She was also way more divisive a figure than any candidate out there now and did a horrendous job of getting the black vote out in places like Milwaukee. Biden could very much win an election. I'm not convinced he'll be the nominee, but he could win over Trump.

And, most of the polls were not wrong on Trump, other than a couple who were slow in recognizing the late movement, which tends to happen in state polls. The national polls, though, were pretty dead in. Polling isn't an exact science, but it gives a decent rendering most often, even with Trump. That's also why he got pissy about his recent internal polling.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The polls in 2016 didn't show a majority. They were like 47%/43%, with 10% undecided. Most expected the undecided to split evenly, or skewed toward the left. They didn't, they broke heavily to the right.

A good amount of polling right now is showing a majority, with a lower undecided group, which is what should worry Trump.

But, he has two things going for him that no-one else does: the economy and incumbency.

And that is what worries everyone else.

Unimane likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Who said that? Who even hinted at it?

11. Tenacious D

Un: Anyone who thinks they know what will happen in 2020 is crazy.

Also Un: Trump is more likely to lose.

Also Un: Dems will turn out the vote.

Also Un: The Dems won’t run a shit campaign this time.

Also Un: Any predictions of Trump’s re-election are wrong. Or stupid. Or stupidly wrong.

Also Un: Trump won’t again win specific rust-belt states.

12. Tenacious D

The sitting Democratic Governor of Virginia / former black face spoofer heartily scoffs at this post.

droski likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

where do I need to subscribe to read these posts? I don't see them here, but I think they're rad.

14. Tenacious D

And here, we have it.

15. Tenacious D

The GOP’s polling was consistent for 18 months with Trump. As was Hillary’s.

Which makes her strategy in the final weeks even more unimaginable / unforgivable, depending on your bent.

Trump got Canada to allow Wisconsin dairy in, and where every POTUS has either refused to attempt and/or failed to do. You might want to put a pin in that one, while we’re talking about how “tenuous” his position is.

16. Tenacious D

Who will win the DNC nomination?

Not who you want, or who might - who you think will.

17. Tenacious D

The Top 3-5 reasons that the Dems will hope to craft and execute in a narrative that defeats Trump will be, what?

18. Unimane

Let's see:

1st Tenny Representation: Anyone who is certain on the winner is in 2020 is mistaken.

- Said it and true.

2nd Tenny Representation: Trump is more likely to lose.

- Said it and think it's true. Also "more likely" is not a statement of certainty, which makes it not in conflict with previous point.

3rd Tenny Representation: Dems will turn out the vote.

- Based upon 2018, I think that's a good observation. Still not in conflict with first point, as I also think Reps will turn out, as I also mentioned.

4th Tenny Representation: Dems won't run a shit show.

- Never said and even stated, specifically, 2020 will probably be a similar shit show.

5th Tenny Representation: Any predictions of Trump re-election are wrong, stupid, etc.

- Misrepresentation. See 1st point and note the word "certainty". I think people who think it is certain for him, or the Democrat, to win is kidding themselves.

6th Tenny Representation: Trump won't win certain rust belt states.

- Didn't say this, at all.

So, all in all, the usual Tenny post. Some truth mixed in there to make the misrepresentations and false statements look a little more believable.

19. Tenacious D

Trump will lose the following states in 2020, and which he won in 2016, because *INSERT REASON(S)*?

1. State & Reason(s)
    2. State & Reason(s)
    3. State & Reason(s)

20. Unimane

I know the rage festers inside you anytime someone dares say Trump might not win, but guess what? He might not.

tvolsfan likes this.