How many wins makes 2019 a successful year?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Joshua Arnold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

good gracious mr emotional. Twas a joke on a slow day. I too hope he balls out, as we have weapons for him. He is tough, but also has made it tougher on himself at times. He was still holding onto the ball too long in the spring and will not be the answer as long as he is.
    But that's football talk and its difficult for some who are too emotional for it

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Guarantano has the arm talent and a lot of skill, but let's not kid ourselves thinking he doesn't need to improve on how long he holds on to the ball.

I think he will improve in this area and overall the offense will look better because of it. He has apparently impressed a lot of people at the camps he has attended.

3. Ssmiff

I havent paid much attention to the offseason hyping of JGs improvement due to him working with summer coaches and supposedly looking great the last 2 years. Until however, i did read in the last week where a coach with him now mentions he is seeing things earlier, releasing earlier and seeing windows when a wr is covered to throw them open, and leading wrs better due to improved amd quicker footwork. Man i hope so, but will wait until i see him vs live action.
    7 v 7 messed him up before Butch, imo. Qbs arent allowed to run and rollouts are seldom used due to 3.5 seconds to throw or get buzzed. He could stand still and just sling it without even taking a correct drop. Formed bad habits imo when he became a hot name in 7 v 7

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The joke wasn't football talk. You have said what you've said and I have said what I've said. If he continues to struggle you'll gloat, if he doesn't you'll always have known he had it in him. Either way, it hasn't been all "football talk" he's been getting here or elsewhere. He isn't blocking people on twitter for "football talk."

5. Ssmiff

Ive been on here for quite awhile now and dont gloat. Nor would i act like I loved him from day 1. Can you name 1 single player i have done that with? No you can't.
    If it makes you feel better, keep making shit up.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The jackasses on Twitter need a swift kick in the nuts.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That about sums it up

10. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

7 is the absolute floor.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Jennings to have knee surgery after an injury during a workout.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Sounds minor, supposed to be full go by fall camp.

13. Ssmiff

It's a meniscus that popped off and needs removed or another loose body of some sort. Problem is his recurring knee issue. He was as healthy as hes been in awhile.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rumor is that Pruitt recently told a recruit that in a few years we would be able to beat anybody and compete for a national championship. Apparently some fans don't like this bravado?

I'd argue that if Pruitt didn't think this and wasn't willing to say it out loud, he'd be unsuitable for an SEC head coaching job. You have no choice to believe this because you have no choice but to DO THIS to be a success. There's nothing else. There is no other bar in the SEC than being able to beat anybody and compete for a national title. What else is there? You can't compete for an SEC title if you can't compete for a national title. And if you aren't competing for a title, you FAILED. This isn't a church league.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

expectations are the problem

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley and Butch lacked balls

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

And whether he is successful or not, Pruitt is going to [uck fay]ing give it all he has with no thought about some future "step" somewhere else.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's bluntly honest. He's told people you have 3 games a year that you're judged on and you had better win the other 9.

TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If a fan doesn't want their coach to tell a recruit he will a national title, that fan is dumb.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This makes my pants tight.