The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Glad he got drafted but it would be nice to be able to actually watch him play.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Happy Schofield ended up in my town. Opportunity here, but at the same time not a fertile place to plant a career in basketball.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

When a team is unhappy with it's star player, there is plenty of turmoil. Again, glad he got drafted but he could have ended up somewhere more applicable.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Bone to Atlanta. Glad he got picked. When’s the last time Tennessee had 3 players drafted?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Glad he got picked, I wonder if he thought he'd go so late. Doesn't matter now, onward and upward.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm wondering when we had our highest number of Vols in the league. We could be pushing it soon.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Good showing for thr Vols. 3 former 3*s. Something to sell for the staff.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hopefully we can add a couple more next year with Bowden and Blackshear.

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

How great is this? Jordan looks so defeated right before he got drafted.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Blackshear will likely go to Kentucky.

11. Ssmiff

That video is just fabulous!

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There is no information out there that suggests he is likely going anywhere. Latest reports have stated it’s a 50/50 battle between us and UK.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I did not say go after a Horford, Butler or big contract.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

He may know something that isn't out there. Sometimes he does.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have my doubts.

16. Ssmiff

Jalen Rose this morning when discussing Jordan, said with how offense is today and no handchecking, etc, Jordan would average 45+ a game.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

NBA moving from the term owner to governor, because stupidity.

Edit: Apparently Silver says the NBA has been doing that for years? I guess I missed that.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  18. NashVol11

Which is why no one listens to Jalen Rose

19. Ssmiff

Jalen Rose, Rodman and a few others have said the same. Rose is usually pretty on point when i have heard him.
    I dont find it hard to believe at all that Jordan wouldnt be able to make 2-3 more buckets and 4 more fts a game with moving picks and travelling opening up the offenses, along with less contact allowed on defense. Easily doable.

20. NashVol11

You should. Yeah, sure, let’s put the ball in Jordan’s hands a James Harden amount of time (actually more than that) and let him try to score almost literally half of his team’s points every night. No way today’s more advanced defenses could figure out how to slow down a one-man team in the playoffs. No way they’d force the ball out of his hands, and no way his teammates would have difficulty going from barely touching the ball all season to creating offense themselves in the playoffs. What could go wrong?

Sure, if you don’t care about winning and just give him the ultimate green light to shoot 35 times a game, he could score 40 a game, and so could Kobe, LeBron, Durant and dozens of others. It’s a useless point.