POLITICS Roll v Wade II

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 16, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We shouldn't, either

GahLee likes this.
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Geez, get a room.

3. Tenacious D

The world has never seen, and been so fortunately and enormously blessed, that the awesome immensity of power that we possess - across the entirety of any spectrum of strength and goodness - has been built, forged, protected and entrusted to and by the American people.

Period. Hard stop.

To be certain, we have made scandalously countless, indefensible, terrible and often easily avoided tragedies of it at times, no doubt. We are undoubtedly so far from anything resembling perfect as to not even be able to see that shore from here. And we’ll not be, going forward, either. We’ll hopefully continue to improve, and make it possible that others may also do the same, but we’ll never be perfect.

But the scale is so far and heavily weighed to the good as to never move the needle one tic, in the next thousand years.

I’ll never be dissuaded from the truth of this reality. Ever.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Thinking folks from different parts of the rest of the world don't see themselves as special is naive.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

as is thinking that just everyone else is wrong.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yep

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

ha!

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm talking from a political standpoint, strictly. The longer this left vs right narrative goes the worse off we will be.

Getting back close the middle would be an accomplishment at this point. Something we should be doing.

9. GahLee

Nor should we, we are the [dadgum] paterfamilias.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't be populated by immigrants and require a war of Independence from a Colonial ruler, then walk around calling yourself the paterfamilias. It makes no [dadgum] sense.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

history-began-on-july-4th-1776-everything-before-that-was-34691118.png

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We see ourselves as special mostly because we are special. Everyone wants to be us.

13. Tenacious D

Every.
    One.

And without a singular exception.

kmf600 likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Eh, most would like to be as rich as us, but I've met a lot who are quite content with being who they are without much envy of me. I think Americans go a little overboard with how great we think we are in everything, but that's true of a lot of places, too. Plus, the things I feel are important and make a country great aren't necessarily the same as others.

Overall, I'm quite happy to be an American and I never hesitate to proclaim my American identity wherever I go, but I also find the world a fascinating place and there are a lot of different locales on the globe I could live just as well as the US.

15. GahLee

Sure it does. We get the big peice of chicken.

16. Tenacious D

I think that’s all perfectly fine, reasonable, and even good, Un.

America is my home and preference, but that doesn’t mean that we’ve got the market cornered on worth, beauty, or is exclusively valuable, or that others don’t feel the same about their countries / lands / nations, and justifiably so.

I would not, however, live elsewhere. But that’s just a personal preference, and not intended to infer that it’s the only place worth living.

17. Tenacious D

I immediately picture George Clooney’s face in O Brother Where Art Thou, whenever I read the word “paterfamilias”.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Why would the paterfamilias settle for chicken

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Because chicken is the shit!!

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst