POLITICS Reparations

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Indy, Jun 20, 2019.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No. [uck fay]s. Given.

If you want to fall in with the guys who disagree, feel free. I won't hold it against you.

What you sipping on?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You "believe it to be" means [uck fay] all if you can't explain why. And, no one here will be able to deter you because you have no interest in listening to facts and, admittedly, don't care what we say about "GDP or anything else". We aren't smart enough to convince you.....but you aren't going to listen anyway?

This is remarkable to watch. I keep responding just to see what inane shit you will say next.

3. GahLee

Is it insane to say that the birth of America is the best thing to happen to modern society? Is it really that far-fetched to you?

4. GahLee

What you believe means [uck fay] all. Everything you believe. I can just sweep your thoughts away too.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

In America, yes.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The thing is, the grand majority of blacks that I personally know are on board with the “working for it” part, but they also know that anything closely resembling a fair shake in the US has only come in the past 25-30 years. The black experience in this country has been one of institutionalized, government mandated and societally approved racism, discrimination and oppression. From outright slavery to reconstruction to Jim Crow to separate but equal to the Civil Rights movement blacks have had to fight twice as hard for half the respect and the effects of that are still being felt today. Even a Tenny-league post couldn’t scratch the surface of all the wrongs committed over the generations...

The US is by far the greatest nation the world has ever seen or likely ever will see but it’s OK to admit where we’ve failed and the way certain people groups have been treated because of racist attitudes is THE greatest failing of the US. If it’s “self evident” that ALL men are created equal, how does that jibe with the notion that some folks were the property of others?

tvolsfan and fl0at_ like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I spoke too soon. We didn’t have any late night/early morning drunken GahLee posts.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I get what he’s saying, if I understand correctly. The foundation was laid with the constitution. Took a while to get there though.

The ending slavery stuff, yeah we were behind the western world on that, sadly.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I considered this idea and might have gone with it had he not made the opening salvo as America ended modern slavery because we were the most powerful country in the world. At that point, when challenged, he just sorta doubled down on his statement and it devolved from there. Plus, he couldn't explain his philosophical theory of why American theoretical world power began in 1776, just he believed what he wanted to believe and that was that. So, I went with him being more literal. Or, probably drunk.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is insane to think believing this means the US single handedly ended world slavery or was the most powerful country in the world since it started-- all without support, and declaring any facts to the contrary invalid. that's pretty crazy.

tvolsfan and RockyHill like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I guess Ole Miss should get credit for ending segregation in SEC football when they added black players in 1972.

Saying the USA ended modern slavery (which they didn't) as something to be proud of is backwards. It is something to be ashamed of.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Zero shame.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Perfectly said.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you are proud of The US being among the last to abolish slavery?

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I mean, at least not counting football players

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If the other countries had the agricultural capabilities that we did, they would have been one of the last too.

That played a bigger role than doing the right thing unfortunately.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The invention of the cotton gin was the single worst thing to happen for slavery.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The inventor copied Yuron Greyjoys beard.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Why would I? Are you?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm confused. You said "zero shame."Are you neither proud nor ashamed?