2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pons ever figures it out, he'll be pretty good.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Burns is likely out if we get Blackshear. Hopefully the chatter about Kent is legit and the two good freshmen step up.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Regardless of roster changes between now and first tip, Barnes is gonna have every chance to prove he’s as good as his salary.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Rocky i gotta say, this is eye opening.

IP and utvol0427 like this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sounds like Kentucky is out for Blackshear and our main competition is him returning to Virginia Tech. Supposedly, tomorrow is the likely decision day.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where did this come from?

7. Unimane

Some various tweets and info from the usual VQ "insider" suspects. The KY people are saying TN is the leader and the Kentucky board is in full pissy mode.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This seems like it is mostly (all?) based on Cal's comments about how UK will be ok if they didn't add anyone.

On one hand that just seems like typical Calipari swagger. On the other hand, it's kind of an odd thing to say if you are trying to convince someone that they will play a key role on your team.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, UK boards have reached the “we didn’t want him” stage. They’re convinced that he just wants to be a big fish in a small pond because there’s no other way he could want to go to UT over UK.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Were I involved with recruiting someone to Tennessee over Kentucky, part of my pitch would be to let them spend some time with some knuckle-dragging UK fans and hear how they see themselves as royalty. I'd follow that up with which the player really thought would be more fun: to make those morons happy and smug, or to make them whine.

11. Ssmiff

good article on several fronts. Shows the Bone family character, how good Lanier was, and the staff's ability to see talent and help kids be the best they can be. Bruin Barnes and Lanier saw what Bone didnt see in himself and helped him get the beast out. Some kids can't hack it, quit, get an attitude or go play for another coach who will coddle. Bone drafted was a culmination of a crazy 3 year ride for him. He very well may not have made it without getting the hard coaching. I hated my hardest coach. But he's also the one that had me playing my best and we always tell stories about.
    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...it-pistons-jordan-bone-rob-lanier/1536875001/

12. Unimane

I suppose we'll find out about Blackshear sometime before August or so.

13. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

*December. He will come in just in time to ride Fulkerson's coattails to a final four. You heard it here first, folks.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

In the pre-season NIT, maybe.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think at this point, I wouldnt be shocked if he stays at Va Tech

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The longer he sits up there in that valley with that odd cult of a fan base, the more likely it happens.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Pretty sure he's currently in Florida with his family.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

even worse

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Goodness Blackshear. You wanna be drafted or not? Obviously not NBA ready this year. Mike White and his fewer possessions per game, or Barnes going to get you there?

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The whole Blackshear recruitment has been weird. No one seems to know what the hell is going on or where he will end up. Most people expected a decision on Sunday, and yet, here we are.