POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It should sound impossible, as two-dimensional as its being presented in the article.

We can all think of Trump or any POTUS as we want and choose - but you don’t call off a strike when you’re 10 minutes out, unless:

1. It was pre-planned to be killed exactly at that point, and for any number of very good reasons, short of executing the perceived strike, or

2. You started to exceed the parameters of your pre-authorized clearance for the mission, or those parameters unexpectedly and fundamentally changed, and further clearance was withheld.

You don’t have birds in the air and a strike about to take place if you aren’t certain, because they can’t just be immediately called off by pushing a button on POTUS’ desk. The risk that someone doesn’t get the word is simply too great. When you give the word, you better see it as the gun has already fired.

I know that you’re not at all saying this, so this isn’t “at” you - but Trump can be as dumb as anyone wants him to be, and our military can be filled with murderous thugs - but that it’s replete with some of the smartest cats in the world, and that this is all they do, is unarguable.

No one “forgot” to mention the risk of civilian casualties in preparing and conducting what was probably dozens of briefings to numerous people, and well before it was even mentioned to Trump. And whether he was smart enough to ask about them or not, he would have certainly been told about the risk for civilian casualties, and on the top half of the first page of any briefing he, or dozens of others, would have undoubtedly been given. You just as soon leave out the location, or how you would conduct the actual strike, as that. Simply, the military presents complete plans of potential active responses - and doesn’t require or need the POTUS to vet them for the inclusion or consideration of critical info such as this.

IP’s assessment that this was never meant to be completed, but for surprising Iran + Sword of Damocles + brinksmanship + heavy dose of bravado = Trump 101....feels accurate to me.

Feels.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

And my guess is that very few to zero of these horndogs have ever served or been within a multi hour plane ride of a combat zone...

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yep. Well said. Thank you

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This is exactly my line of thought.

I was intending to convey that exact thought - that it seems to me that there was never the intention of an attack and that the leak of calling it off was just intended to show force without risk.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So if we go to war with Iran for shooting down an unmanned drone after we escalated tensions and threatened them with financial ruin for violating the terms of a deal that we tore up... how do we pretend we are the good guys?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

we sanctioned a dead guy?

8. cpninja

cpninja Member

[​IMG]

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

12. CardinalVol

We are staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before we leave and then stopping in Key West.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Neither will give you that 3rd world feeling Miami does. The Key West stop one of those early morning, 4 hour stops?

14. CardinalVol

It's an all day stop.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Got to have a chocolate dipped frozen key lime pie slice. And watch out for aggressive cocks.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

while im eating my dipped key lime pie?

18. CardinalVol

This sounds delicious

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Always watch out for aggressive cocks

20. Ssmiff