The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah my bad. The goat wouldn't have been any nastier offensively in todays game where Devin Booker can go for 50 several games in a row. Zero chance he scores 5 more points per half

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But, but... his former teammate says it would work!

This is the same reason I don’t understand the fawning over James Harden’s scoring. There are numerous guys that could score like that if given the opportunity.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

if you are ignoring the differences in how offenses and defenses are allowed to play, then it is a useless point.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

It’s funny you say that, because the people who talk about hand checking and Jordan scoring 50 a night always seem to conveniently forget that zone defense was illegal during MJ’s career.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thejrr...ne-defense-changed-everything-in-the-nba/amp/

From a 2004 Chicago Tribune article:

5. NashVol11

The Suns were 19-63. Like I said, if you don’t care about winning, sure he can shoot and score all he wants. Putting up numbers on bad teams isn’t something new in “today’s game;” Adrian Dantley did the same thing.

6. NashVol11

Bernard King, too, even if no one here wants to hear it. His highest scoring average, by far, came on a 24-58 team.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I had no idea zone was illegal so recently. Although, never followed NBA too closely, honestly.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jordan is the best basketball player of all time. Harden is a volume shooter

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

11. NashVol11

Klay is staying with the Warriors. Apparently KD and Kawhi have considered teaming up with the Clippers or Knicks, which would be fun

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like the idea of a KD/Kawhi partnership much more than I like the idea of Kawhi joining the Lakers. I don't want to see another completely dominant team, but two similarly dominant teams would be fun.

If Kawhi chooses not to go to the Lakers, I hope they use the rest of that cap space to sign multiple players. I'm nervous that AD wouldn't have given up that bonus for that, though, and they're gonna end up overpaying for someone like Kyrie.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also curious to see how good the Warriors will be post Durant.

14. NashVol11

Kyrie to Brooklyn and Kemba to Boston to replace him

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dominoes falling fast.

I wonder what the Nets will do if KD goes elsewhere? Surely they don’t think Kyrie is enough on his own.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I mean, good enough to go to the Finals

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You think? I'm not so sure.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not with KD/Kawhi/LeBron and AD all standing in their way.

Though I think KD ends up with the Knicks or Nets.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

KD isn't going to be able to stand until about September, much less play.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s one season.