Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

RIP Round Mound of Touchdown

justingroves likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

RIP the Pillsbury Throwboy

hohenfelsvol and justingroves like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was fun to watch and seemed to be a legitimately good guy.

4. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

RIP Hefty Lefty

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hefty Lefty
    Battleship Lorenzen

One of my friends played high school football with him. Said he was ridiculously athletic.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The Abominable Throwman has ridden off into the sunset. RIP, He Ate Me.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Not the Onion

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Should get Jim Tressell on there, then we'll have all the foremost experts on winning the right way.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I suppose Butch is on there next week to discuss how to build a deep and successful program, and control rosacea

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is gonna go well!

justingroves likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

they're gonna get blasted at times, but transparency and accessibility is a move in the right direction.

InVolNerable likes this.
  12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Is that even a real account?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

[dadgum] it, now you have me doubting.

JT5 likes this.
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No way it’s real. because no way they’re going to have transparency and accessibility.

Why would they when [uck fay] you thats why has worked so long and we’ll.

IP likes this.
  15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's real, the account name used to be @AlabamaFootball

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're right. It's way too good to be true.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. NorrisAlan

I am fully on board with Saban naming him Coach-in-waiting.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

My oldest son (and my youngest for that matter) both hate watching sports. I don't know where I failed.

BUT!

My oldest is starting high school this year and is in the marching band at Anderson County and is in band camp this week and next. This morning, I showed him the PotSLB's opening for the home games at Neyland, and he sat and watched. He got excited. I got excited. Going to take him to a game this year so he can see the band in action.

My football juices have officially been woken from their long summer slumber.

TennTradition and Ssmiff like this.
  20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Saban has identified the reason for their NC Blowout Loss to Clemson.... It is the assistant coaches fault!

This is why Nick Saban spent a significant portion of his Wednesday appearance at Southeastern Conference media days discussing the fallout from Clemson 44, Alabama 16. Nobody has forgotten what happened on that shocking night in Santa Clara, California last January.

The ongoing autopsy took a surprising turn after Saban’s podium appearance here. When he went on the SEC Network with Paul Finebaum, he laid specific blame on his assistant coaches. This was the exchange between the two:

“When the season started, I think we were great,” Saban said. “When we won the LSU game [in November], it just seemed like people’s own agendas started to become more important.”

“Coaches or players?” Finebaum asked.

“Coaching,” Saban responded. “We had a lot of guys who wanted to be head coaches at different places. It takes a special person to stay focused on what they have to do now when they have a job somewhere else that’s awaiting them and they have a responsibility on staffs.

“I’m not being critical of those people. It’s just very challenging. And we had a lot of that on our staff last year.”