POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you want to know what the pull is, the employers of this story are it. 600 jobs. much more than 600 people.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I would like to see some executives in a perp walk

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

95k is the number of in US ice deportations under Trump in 2018
    In 2011, Obama admin deported 237k under the same criteria.
    Where the was the media and outcry.

I dont like the way this is done or looks and unsure of what else to do. These are mostly hard working people just trying to live, but we are a country of laws.

But when reading today as people compare this to Hitler, when a 150% increase and "returns" or deportations would be needed to reach a number under obama, my conclusion is the % of idiots around increases daily. Where were you in 2011. Where was the media. Where were the Facebook posts. Where was the outcry.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

have you researched this? it was discussed a lot then, though family separation wasn't as prevalent. we talked about it here for sure.

your claim that it wasn't discussed or there was no outcry is false.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Criticize Obama. Ha Ha Ha Ha.....!!!

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

IP dont ignore obvious things. Im sure it was brought up and immigrant support groups raised hell, but was it headline news? Did they call him Hitler. Where was Pelosi. Where were the social media videos. Ive seen a dozen. Did you see any in 2011?

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I agree. 100%

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There absolutely was criticism of Obama back then, but there are a few notable things which make this different, perceptively. One, Obama didn't vilify these people as "rapists" and an "invasion". Trump has made this the #1 and "1A issue of his presidency while constantly sounding the alarm bell. Obama also balanced out the equation with DACA and prioritizing the more dangerous undocumented rather than the big shows of people working in packing plants in 12 hour shifts.

Trump is simply more callous, indifferent than Obama was, among other reasons, and has a guy like Stephen Miller, perhaps the most soulless individual I've ever seen in American politics. That said, I was not overly happy about the massive deportations under Obama, either. I've dealt with the immigration bureaucracy and know it's not quite as simple as "well, it's just illegal". Rounding up 600 people doing a job they probably couldn't fill otherwise is less sensible to me than creating a situation easier for these people to be there legally. I actually thought W. Bush was on the right track with guest worker visas. However, you get political pushback by doing most anything beneficial for poor foreigners, even if people like/need the effects of their labor or products.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Based on the historical results presented in the article, I doubt execs are concerned...

"In 2008, ICE raided Howard Industries in Laurel, rounding up nearly 600 unauthorized workers. In 2011, the company pleaded guilty to knowingly violating the federal criminal conspiracy law and was fined $2.5 million.

The company's human resources manager, Jose Humberto Gonzalez, was the only executive charged in the raid, also pleaded guilty in 2009 to a federal conspiracy charge. He received a six-month sentence to be served under house arrest."

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Seems like we could all get behind an e-verify requirement and companies that circumvented those procedures should have the absolute hammer dropped on them.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you truly want to stem illegal immigration, make the employers get these workers legally. we honestly may need them, but they didn't scramble over without incentives that outweighed the risk. A guest worker program can change the calculus of risking illegal immigration. dropping the hammer on cheater companies would help, too. we are wasting a lot of money paying prison contracting firms to detain nonthreatening migrants who just want to work and be safe.

tvolsfan and Unimane like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

there's really no excuse for it, when we are being as tough on migrants. what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[​IMG]

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You misspelled, “being held accountable for knowingly violating the law, at the direct expense and to the detriment of Americans” .

I see 600 new jobs for Mississippians.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've always seen the source and the instigators to be the willing hirers. what is an illegal migrant supposed to do, just ignore the better opportunity? the US citizen has the most responsibility to follow US law, I would think. or maybe the responsibility is the same, but the duty is greater. regardless, they have no excuse or circumstance that justifies it, and it is an exploitation of the worker and of their fellow Americans.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, and I see 600 immigrants who they either conspired with or exploited, depending on how you look at it. either way, they aided and abetted 600 crimes at minimum. and participated in the harming of 600 families. and had illegal competitive advantage against their peer companies. wonder if anyone died trying to sneak in the country to get hooked in to this job?

if folks must have a villain in immigration, let it be these bloodsucking businesses, and whoever was responsible.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ouch....

Attached Files:

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Can't make it out, too small

(TWSS)

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The painter I use helped his 3 guys get citizenship.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I am willing to wager good money these jobs, now available, would not be filled or desired by American workers in Mississippi. So, we send mixed messages as a society in heavily desiring these workers while promoting ever more restrictive immigration laws.

NorrisAlan likes this.