I am not out on Pruitt..... yet

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Sep 8, 2019.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

There are some encouraging signs in our play. (O Line is improving, running game, etc..) Make no mistake about it though, he must learn how to manage the game better and he needs to be the HEAD COACH.

It’s been said ad nauseam, but if he wants to be here long term, he better get Gaurantano out of there now.

I’m also perfectly fine if people like Warrior, Locklear, etc... never see the field again. Play the youth.

Memtownvol and reverendgeneral like this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don’t really see the point of being out on him right now. We did look improved yesterday, and if we could cross a damn goal line it would’ve been 24-13 or better. It’s not really enough improved to be encouraging, but there’s no point in firing him to send out an interim against Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Unless he’s lost the locker room, give him a chance to coach his way out of the hole that he’s coached himself into. If he can’t, we’re searching at the end of the year either way. I’m not really optimistic that this season will turn into anything other than a disaster, but there’s no harm letting him try.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It doesn’t matter if you are or aren’t. He’s not going anywhere.

4. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

they are gonna leave Guantanamo in there against chatt... if he stinks it up against them, then the season is certifiably lost and it feels like you might as well throw a true freshman into the fire, working on the future at QB sooner rather than later.

we've been shitting the bed so many years now, it's gonna take at least 2 or more years to get it cleaned out.. and we really cant afford to cut pruitt at this point, so might as well dance with the one we got.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If recruiting goes to shit, and he’s keeps breaking losing records. How in the hell do we keep him around for a few more years.

I didn’t expect to win the east this year but not being embarrassed by GA State and BYU at home in your second year isn’t asking too much.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  6. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I remember when competing for national championships was expected and the goal. These last few nimrods have lowered expectations so low that everyone is just happy with above average effort now.

Memtownvol, warhammer and utvol0427 like this.
  7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If Pruitt keeps Harrison Bailey committed and gets him signed, he will be back next year. If Bailey flips, all bets are off and Pruitt is likely gone.

8. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

how much does the school want to spend to chunk him now and hire the football savior at the level of saban? .... because this fanbase will not be happy with anyone beneath that level... so who is that person, is he willing to come here, how much is it going to cost, and can we afford it?

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pruitt has flaws but his success or failure at UT was always going to be dependant on whether JG was qb or not. His fatal mistake looks like it may be for being dumb enough to put his career in the hands of the worst QB to wear orange and bottom 10 in college football, all levels. He had enough film and his own eyes should have told him.
    I hope he was doing this to save a locker room somehow, as guys like Ty have JGs back. I just dont know. Coaches flabbergasted in the box and on sidlines yelling for him to throw the ball at open wrs, youd think a simple film session and benching wouldnt be too dramatic, when you leave 8 tds on the field on 2 games, while giving the opponent short field on momentum changing plays that we never recovered from.
    What idiot coaches in the world stick with the insanity.

TangoUniform likes this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If on field decisions are based on keeping Harrison Bailey committed we've got big probs.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm struggling to think of an SEC team in the last decade that's worse than we are. Maybe 2012 or 2013 Kentucky?

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

2011 Ole Miss was real damn bad

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They were, but they at least beat Fresno State by two scores. I'm not sure we beat anyone by two scores, especially not with no. 2 playing QB.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If we lose half the locker room because they'd rather support JG then have a chance to win then good riddance.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

That kid is drawing comparisons to Trevor Lawrence. I just don’t think UT can afford to miss out on two franchise QBs in three years who wanted to be here.

16. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

actually... maybe its fair enough to call it a season now and start one of the freshmen against chatt... build up some confidence, etc. , and then throw him into the fire.

NorrisAlan and reVOLt like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He is good but you aren't landing him by playing a shitty ass brand of football.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Do you give JP the same amount of time Majors was given to get the desired results? Both have taken over programs that are eerily similar from their predecessors.
    A qb change will he needed if he wants to survive.

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Rumor on Twitter that Friend has been fired.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor