JG

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 2, 2019.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'm sure he'll say nice things about JG's replacement

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You wont hear him trashing teammates. That's just not him. Really good kid that just does his job.

He doesnt like having to do the media spots. Doesnt fit his personality.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

From what I can gather it's basically 100% certainty that JG is going to transfer at the end of the season.

So I don't understand why we are investing in him at all at this point.

IP likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wonder if the coaching staff is afraid of scaring off Bailey if Mauer/Shrout plays and looks good? About the only thing that makes sense at this point.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JG looks much better in practice than both of them. Unfortunately, most coaches base play off how guys practice as we all know, especially with Chaney coming in and no personal game experience with JG. Most coaches also realize very quickly who can ball when its gametime and who flips out and can't play, but ours don't seem to be aware, even after watching the same shit last year.
    Only thing that makes sense right now is a locker room concern, but Pruitt is about to go down with JG, so he needs to decide today if that's what he wants, or if he would rather have a chance at some W's with a potentially splintered locker room. 0-2 should give him the right answer.
    That being said, i'm pretty confident most players would be fine with JG not playing and moving on, for various reasons, from his play, to being oblivious, to not being a good teammate.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If that’s the case then [uck fay] them. All of them. Pruitt, Bailey, the entire lot of them.

7. Savage Orange

If I had any say at all, the kid from Maryland’s redshirt would have been ashes by halftime last Saturday.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You don't want two scholarship QBs during SEC play, especially two freshmen.

Now, that being said, I would go ahead and let someone else start UTC and tell JG to go away but I do understand why you need more than two scholarship QBs eligible.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's ineligible by NCAA rules.

10. Savage Orange

Damn. I thought grad transfers were gtg right away.

11. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

He had not graduated from Maryland, plus with the torn acl from last year he probably would have been out this year anyway.

12. Savage Orange

I need to read more, apparently. I was pretty sure he was reported as a grad transfer and I didn’t know at all about the ACL deal....

13. Ssmiff

2 acls

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Jennings would be my number 3 in that scenario and at this point, it probably only determines how much they lose by anyway.

warhammer likes this.
  15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I do not want JG getting oral or two girls at the same time.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Only one man is getting those while JJ is around.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

JG would be late and miss and poke some girl's eye out

Memtownvol and Ssmiff like this.
  18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I haven't been to Neyland in a couple of years, but part of me wishes I would have been in attendance for a few games to see just how bad and frequent this is.

19. Ssmiff

is 4 times in the first quarter last week frequent enough?

20. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

In most sports, as you gain experience "the game slows down", especially as a QB in football.
    It only has to be that DNA won't allow this to happen.
    That's stupid but what else can you say.
    Obviously we've had some crap years but never seen it this bad since watching TN football in 1969.
    It's nauseating to the core to say this.