I am not out on Pruitt..... yet

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Sep 8, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he compared mice running to top of boat on Titanic today describing the people that want to be here.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

"I think 'Titanic' came out maybe when I was in college," Pruitt said, according to the Knoxville News-Sentinel. "When the boat starts going down, remember all the mice running to the top, right? We have had a few that left our program, but you will figure out who wants to be a Tennessee Vol and who don't. I can tell you this: I want to. I know the standards and expectations that we have and the men on our staff and the character that we have. You will see the best of the players at Tennessee throughout the year."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...nce-to-describe-vols-players-leaving-program/

Oldvol75 likes this.
  3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Cancer has to be totally removed for things to get better

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

That quote by Pruitt is close to what something Dooley would say:

"The only people wanting off a ship are mice. Be a man and go down with the ship."

I mean, we've had our coaches refer to us as the Germans on D-Day and now we're just a poorly run ship that effectively sank itself by untenable marketing gimmicks and poor Captaining combined with greed.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

6. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

But we are sinking, so he at least confirmed that.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Something so obvious that you can't deny it

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wish Pruitt would reenact the guy jumping off the back and hitting the propeller on the way down.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

[​IMG]

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

While I don't trust Chaney to call good plays in the redzone, I do trust him to get this offense into as good a shape as it can be in by midseason. I don't think he'd ride JG if he thought he could get more out of one of the other guys as bad as I hate to say it.

Also, against all rational thought (and some of my own posts), I still have a glimmer of hope that Pruitt gets it done with the staff he's assembled. Might as well let this thing unfold as unlikely as turning a corner seems at this point.

Oldvol75 likes this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sorry I meant red area

Poppa T likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

GSU was coaching malpractice.

BYU was a football illiterate qb.

The drastic difference in defensive play calling from week one to week two was nice to see. Crouch took DeAndre Johnson's snaps. The defense will get better with experience and when Bituli and Thompson come back.

The offense is hamstrung by JG. The long term answer is a senior in high school. It's a shit situation but it's where Tennessee is at.

I'm not out on Pruitt. I think bowl eligibility is still there for the taking. I think this defense keeps improving as the young guys see more snaps.

Oldvol75 likes this.
  13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think we're looking at a 1-4 start. Bowl game would mean winning 6 of the 7 toss up games, if they are even considered toss ups at this point.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley started 2-6 and everyone was yelling Tennessee was going 3-9.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think they can still make a bowl.

16. chavisut

To be fair, they won both the gimmes. We dropped one. They also played a really good Oregon squad. We played BYU.

It could happen but I think it’s a tougher climb.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    InVolNerable likes this.
  17. chavisut

They can.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Every time I think it can’t get worse than JG, I think back to when it couldn’t get worse than Jonathan Crompton and Justin Worley, and then Nick Stephens and Nathan Peterman happened.

It can get worse.

justingroves likes this.
  19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

UTC
    MSU
    SC
    UAB
    UK
    Vandy

It’s the only path to 6 at this point, but if the players don’t completely fold the tent, it’s doable. Three of those teams lost their starting QB to injury.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mizzou lost to Wyoming with their starting QB, beating the hell out of the lifeless corpse Holgorsen left at WVU doesn't hide that.

There are a lot of slightly less shittier than Tennessee shit teams left on the schedule.