POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Stop making fun of the Japanese.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ruh roh raggy!

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That moment when you completely dismiss the presumption of innocence AND the burden of proof.

4. MWR

MWR Contributor

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

what moment? who is trying to lock him up?

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The Senate Judiciary Committee has now concluded its investigation into the woman who alleged that Kavanaugh and his friends had raped her - raped her...

She is....
    Decades older than him, and
    Is a “left-wing activist”, and

She admits that she...
    Was never sexually assaulted, by anyone
    Has never even met Kavauaugh
    Just wanted attention, and

That the whole thing was...
    ...just a ploy”.

Purely for posterity, the next time Democrats in Congress breathlessly talk about evidence, calls for an investigation, says “eVErYoNe ShOuLd bE BeliEvED!” or otherwise doesn’t get their way.

It’s more likely than not that this is what they’re talking about.

If only there were many and good lessons to be learned, here. Such as how the Democrats - a party who anoints itself as a champion of women’s issues, just leveraged the true harm borne by all survivors of sexual assault, made an already arduous task for future survivors to come forward that much more difficult, given needless pause to those who may have given more immediate credence to those claims, once received, and for purely, intentionally, purposefully and knowingly political purposes, alone.

But for those few days, when a momentary shadow had temporarily fallen over the Kavanaugh confirmation process....man, didn’t that feel great?

I mean, it felt good, right?

So, so good. For a fleeting moment.

Link: https://amp.businessinsider.com/bre...ro-leighton-2018-11?__twitter_impression=true

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Haha. Shocker. Does the left care? Nope. On to the next shit slinger, hope it sticks, get defensive then call everybody else a bigoted racist until looking foolish again.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've literally never heard of this woman.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

They concluded that investigation a year ago.

In late September the committee released an anonymous letter along with Kavanaugh’s testimony that was actually written by her. It seemed at the time there was skepticism but Harris released it. Which was wrong.

The committee officially determined it was fake about 5 weeks later.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Doesnt matter anyway does it? Kavanaugh was guilty from the first news in your eyes. Seems you dont learn your lessons in regards to assumptions of guilt which always lean the same direction.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I doubt “bEcAuSe DeMoCrAtS” will be added to any discussion about why (more) sexual assault victims don’t come forward, but I’m here for the takes any way.

13. Tenacious D

Can you synthesize your point for me, or show me where any of mine is wrong?

What’s your personal take on the reality that the Democrats not only do such despicable things, singularly for a political purpose, and intentionally, even while knowing that it will cause very real and lasting harm to not only innocent others, but those whom they profess to protect?

How do the overwhelmingly vast majority of non-crazy Democrats reconcile the fact their Party is not only responsible for stupid shit like this, but which also inflicts such damnable harm to themselves and the many and other worthwhile people they wish to protect and causes they hope to advance?

I’m asking this sincerely - do you personally believe that there isn’t a very real cost which they’ll incur for shit like this, and how expansively harmful and lasting that wound will prove to be?

I don’t know if my more appalled that they did it, at all, than I am shocked that they were so terribly ham-handed and transparently obvious about it.

The Democratic Party may be filled with legitimately smart, wholly well-intentioned and entirely good and decent people....but if true, how then do you explain that y’all keep putting the dumbest and most despicable bastards in charge, and allow them to remain? Honestly, how?

14. Tenacious D

I get it, man. You’re an ardent Democratic supporter. No harm in that. I don’t think you’re stupid or crazy for it.

But surely you see how this was a purely political stunt, and which will have some negatively lasting affect on current and future victims of sexual assault, right?

How can you be ok with this shit?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you misunderstand. if I never heard or her, what does she have to do with anything regarding my opinion?

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The key point was that they didn’t *just* wrap up the investigation. It was conducted within a few weeks and she also publicly recanted.

As for your broader points, it’s incredibly damaging to make this lie or to put it forward if you have good reasons to doubt it (or no ability to verify anything).

Blasey-Ford was different than this both in the ability to corroborate that she did indeed operate in circles with Kavanaugh and she was coming forward publicly.

As for why ‘they’ would do this, I’m not sure how much of a they there is. Could there have been an effort in the party to recruit. Perhaps. They did a poor job of making it up if it feel apart in a few weeks. Rather I would think you have people who are wantonly empowered by the general hatred of Trump in the party to do foolish things. Damaging things. And there are apparently enablers out there who will allow that to go too far. It really wasn’t good for Harris to post an anonymous letter.

17. Tenacious D

I appreciate it.

Until both sides realize that no one’s hands are clean, and each gets their own crazy elements under control, it’s impossible that things can get better, or will.

The problem is that “crazy” seems to have become the Democratic norm. Because shut like this, the willingness to seemingly do anything - however underhanded - so as to have their way, seems exclusive and uniquely part of the Democratic Party’s now well-worn MO.

Does the GOP do shit like this, and I’m just not aware of it, and if so, when have they done it?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

ah, the familiar claxon: "both sides! both sides!" like a ninja's smoke bomb, a quick distraction and screen as one escapes a topic. you posted about something apparently weeks old, about someone who never was called to testify before Congress or was a focus of his confirmation drama. someone called it out. *POOF* BoTh SiDeS!

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Which is undermined by the end by him asking if the GOP does things like this, which "he's not aware", and has their crazies out there, as if obstructionists like McConnell don't exist and the Gaetzs, Kings and, yes, Trumps don't exist.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think that's how you use "claxon".