POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

thanks

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So Yang has a twitter hastag #myyangstory, and frankly I'm disappointed at Twitter for not doing what it usually does.

TennTradition likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

#myyang

4. CardinalVol

Beto has essentially killed his political future in the last few weeks unless he plans on moving to California or the northeast. Heck, and then he's going to have to go hard left on economic policies to have a chance.

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think he was quitting when he challenged Cruz.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Beto saying "Yes, we are going to take your AR-15s" was one of the dumber things said by a candidate in many election cycles. I'll bet the three candidates who actually have a chance at winning the nomination gave his ass the side eye and fumed as this mofo gave Trump and other Republicans cause to turn his statement into "They's gonna take yur guns!!".

justingroves, tvolsfan and IP like this.
  7. CardinalVol

Yup. And they're gonna do it over and over and over.

justingroves likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

he also hasn't proposed any practical way of doing it. I don't want to send LE door to door in the USA, to disarm citizens. that's definitely not the way to address gun violence or these weapons.

9. CardinalVol

I know several law-abiding citizens that will simply refuse to hand them over, some of which will use said weapons if necessary, if that ever happens.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just don't know how you could do it. A voluntary buy back might work, but most people that buy an AR-15 style weapon are probably the type that would never give it up, even for a buy back price.

It is just going to take a generational change in attitude to change our gun culture, as any laws that are draconian in nature will simply reinforce the idea of why people feel they need these weapons in the first place.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Imagine being the dude sent out to deal with these reluctants. I wouldn't do it even one day for a million dollars.

12. CardinalVol

I know a few LE's that would probably lead the fight against confiscation.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

just catching up on corn pop. man is biden a strange dude

RockyHill likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

probably gets paid $1000/hour

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I know guys that legitimately believe it will start a revolution. It's the actual reason the forefathers made the 2nd amendment.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I own guns. Don't have a problem with BG checks. Never worried about government taking them. Never had the need or desire to own an AR-15 type weapon. Maybe cause Nam, IDK?

Serious question.

Aren't sawed off shotguns illegal for the most part (laws vary by states; I "think" you have to have an ATF permit and maybe pay some kind of tax)? LE friends told me it was because they are easily concealed and their power. I take them at their word.

Why can't we treat these AR-15 type weapons the same?

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Gotta be real short to be illegal. Hell they’re selling those short shotguns that most people would call “sawed-off” like hot cakes right now.

justingroves likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

But it is also interesting that many assumed he was making it up, and he actually wasn't-- in a time where many DO make stuff up and never get called for it. I am not a Biden guy, but that is interesting.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You holding seances?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People will buy ARs because they're cheap to shoot, you can build them yourself, customize them and they're easy to shoot. Throw in that "they look cool" as another reason too.