Pruitt: “Our football team is 100 times better than it was this time last year. "

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ok. They have to start somewhere. Unfortunately for him he took over after Butch and inherited a disaster that might take longer to fix than we really know or were expecting. This isn't late 90's/early 00's Tennessee. Like I said previously, this is my opinion and nothing I say will change your mind. Nothing you say will change mine.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We are worse in year 2. They appear to have started facing backwards.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Outside of record and QB play what is worse, just curious?

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Uh?

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This isn’t late 90s Tennessee. Shouldn’t expect to go not lose by two scores at home to GA State.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The team overall is not as good. Specifically, DL and DBs. Linebackers might be a touch better but they were rock bottom last year.

OL is the only unit I would say has made progress and again, they were rock bottom.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So you have still yet to list a single reason.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tototototo has looked solid.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And not getting significantly better from last season, which should have been the absolute nadir, is just as alarming as getting worse.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And even the OL... are they that much better than the were last year prior to Kennedy going down and Tre messing up his ankle?

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You're telling me the DL is worse after losing all 3 starters to graduation? 2 of which made NFL teams...the other was invited to NFL camp. Color me shocked

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The replacements are all Pruitt guys though, correct? jucos and transfers

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

do you need good to great players to beat gsu and byu and be competitive against florida?

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He’s been successful everywhere as an assistant. Hell of a big difference than being a head coach. There’s a ton a great coordinators who weren’t worth a damn as head coaches.

Edit: looks like 10 people beat me to the punch.

chavisut likes this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. Can’t clear those Butch players out fast enough, right?

chavisut likes this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Conveniently changes the narrative

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The secondary isn’t nearly as good as it was last season.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I agree. I just think he took over a disaster of a situation and it's going to take longer than 1.25 seasons to fix. Firing him now or at the end of the season fixes nothing and likely just makes the situation worse.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

stanford fired a coach after 3 years, then fired a coach after 2 years, then hired harbaugh. when you know he isn't the guy you move on quickly and decisively.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No one expects it fixed in 1.25 seasons. He has already demonstrated he doesn’t have what it takes to fix things. Thus, there is no need to wait 3-4 seasons or whatever some would say is reasonable.

utvol0427 and droski like this.