Pruitt: “Our football team is 100 times better than it was this time last year. "

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not employing an offensive coordinator doesn't help either, but it didn't stop him

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Some embarrassing losses? They've all been either blowouts or teams we should have beat handily or both.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Weren't the rumors already pointing to Cheney ATP. I'd assume the name was floated out there to Bailey.

4. chavisut

Ubben pointed out Butch had one 25+ loss to an unranked opponent during his entire tenure and was fired right after. Pruitt has had 3 already.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not saying they hadn't already contacted Chaney at the time, but who was rumored to be Tennessee's offensive coordinator on 11/29/18?

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Muschamp is a much better head coach than Pruitt.

A-Smith and droski like this.
  7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

DL play, the secondary, OLBs

8. chavisut

No idea.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One has a loss to Georgia Southern, the other has a loss to Georgia State

hohenfelsvol and droski like this.
  10. chavisut

That guy has never lost to Tennessee. Unbelievable.

TimRoo, hohenfelsvol, A-Smith and 3 others like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

QB-worse than last year, infects and affects the entire team. Watch the OL after missed pass to #4.
    Rb--same. Cant really tell much when the defense doesnt have to defend the QB and is also tipped off.
    TE--who knows.
    OL--much better. Some great blocking vs byu and JG has had time and a pocket all year
    Wrs--doing what they can, wide ass open game after game. 1 big drop by JJ on a hot throw thats supposed to be 3 feet lower.
    DL--no pressure but better against the run than last year.
    Lbs--thin but better.
    CB--some struggles but true freshman in
    S--#18 is the issue
    Sts- better.

So if you look at it, we are better imo, but are young in key spots, havent coached well and have a QB who has cost us 1 game minimum, and left 4 tds on the field vs GS, which should have been 55-38 with most qbs, even though coaches treated it like a scrimmage.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

More people are wrong, besides just you.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m amazed he hasn’t gotten more scrutiny than he has thus far. Maybe I’ve missed it.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doug Matthews spoke pretty poorly of him. Outside that I haven’t heard much mention of him in media.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m fine keeping Pruitt another year if the recruiting class doesn’t fall apart. But we should fire him this year if the recruiting tanks though.

I personally like Pruitt but I don’t think he’s made to be a head coach.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree with this. Good defensive mind. Passionate. Doesn’t make him a winning coach

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

All of this.

I hate that hes not succeeding, #1 because my team isnt doing well, but #2 I genuinely liked this guy after listening to him talk when he was hired. No nonsense, focused on football and not gimmicks. Just a breath of fresh air from the previous guy. I'm still hoping he turns it around. But I have serious doubts he can do it.

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS and Memtownvol like this.
  18. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

I don't think Pruitt is in any danger of losing his job this year as long as Harrison Bailey stays committed. That may sound crazy but it's JMO. If he decomitts, then you know the sky is officially falling.

I also believe keeping Pruitt is the right move at this time- unless UT does what they haven't done since hiring Majors- hiring a proven winner. (Unlikely)

Factor of the matter is, doesn't matter who we bring in coach wise right now imo. We simply don't have the Jimmys and the Joes on the roster. Kills me to say it because we've been waiting for seems to be an eternity to be great again, but we should probably wait this thing out and see of Pruitt can turn it around. Let's hope he can.

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Its really a damn shame JG can’t do any better. The stuff their trying to do with the secondary is strange but minus that this team could probably win 7-8 with Matt Sims level quarterbacking.