POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Rudy Giuliani is the textbook definition of the phrase “you either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain”.

IP and tvolsfan like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, now we've got something.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So the whistleblower didn’t have firsthand knowledge of the call?

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There's too much nonsense to sift through for me to have found anything new today. What do you mean?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

can the whistle blower play quarterback

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

Whistleblower report is public

IMO, biggest part was the White House trying to lock down the call because they knew it was really bad.

Again, this is all presented with a big "if" and "if it can be proven".

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The thing is that, and this is just a reference not an implication of guilt, it is a lot like how a mob boss would talk. There is nothing concrete in it, nothing you can peg him on. It looks extremely suspect, but toes the line just enough that you really have nothing.

Remove aid
    Ukrainian President says we really want to buy more weapons
    US President says we just want Germany to do more and now that this is out of the way, would you mind doing me a favor?

See? Not a true quid pro quo, but skates the line. And then they try to hide this call and lock it down so no one can see it and *that* is VERY suspicious. Yet, again, Executive Privilege and National Security makes this probably not terribly uncommon, unless it is a lock down from people that normally would have full access to this kind of call.

It smells like a shakedown and cover-up, but you cannot find any real evidence for it.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

In addition to that is that from May to July that the president pulled back support of the Ukrainian President and ‘made it known’ through channels that engagement would depend on the new president playing ball.

As you say the issue here is that this is based on multiple white goose officials discussing this with him. What evidence is there? I assume there will be an attempt to subpoena them?

Also who was the first person in this complaint? Given that it was addressed to Burr in the Senate - that make it seem like it wasn’t the ‘whistleblower’. It makes me think the I in the do come to is the inspector general.

If that’s the case, is he citing multiple whistleblowers?

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Also, this leads to those that hate Trump seeing it as clear corruption and those that love Trump seeing it as a media and Deep State witch hunt.

lylsmorr likes this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think they tried to lock it down because he involved not only the Russia crap but also brought up Biden who most think will be his opponent. They needed to make sure he didn't do anything wrong.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m the biggest Trump supporter you’ll ever meet, and outside of hoping this compels the Dems to move to impeach, I couldn’t possibly be any less concerned.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I see it for what it is. The same shit the Dems have been doing since they lost the election. Same shit would be going on if Hillary would have won but by the other side. The congress gives more shits about party power than actually governing.

MaconVol likes this.
  13. TennTradition

If you are referring to the inquiry - yes.

I wouldn’t really put the whistleblower complaint in with that.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I find it fascinating that the comments section of every article on this subject published by Yahoo is overwhelmingly Pro Trump and Anti Democrats.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes the inquiry. On a side note I did read something about the IG I think saying the whistleblower showed bias to Biden and he/she hired a lawyer that donated to Biden.

16. CardinalVol

I do not know. I bet we will find out soon.

17. TennTradition

And if he did do something wrong, the value of locking it down was what? Easier to hide?

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They get the right eyes on it before it gets blown out of proportion. If a line was crossed they want to make damn sure it has before they take down the leader of the USA. Just guessing though.

19. CardinalVol

At this point, I am going to be surprised if he isn't impeached, justifiable or not.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same. But it is not happening in the Senate.