Pruitt: “Our football team is 100 times better than it was this time last year. "

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Georgia Southern is infinitely better than State.

Southern is 456–169–10, 36-29 in FBS.

State is 30-77, 21-56 in FBS.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Georgia Southern also takes football more seriously than we do. Their first FBS coach, Willie Fritz, went 9-3, 9-4 then left for Tulane. They fired their second coach after a year and a half after going 5-13 " at the end of the day, the results on the field weren't where we needed them to be as we continue our growth as an FBS program." They went from 2-10 to 10-3 in a year.

RockyHill likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good to know they don't play the "who's going to come?" game. Although it seems that AD is run a lot better

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

For certain, but it's still percentage wise of a fair number of drives by now. Doubt it's skewed that much

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The list of former QBs that has them at 3-1 or better is far, far longer than the list that doesn't.

justingroves likes this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I still can’t believe that they hired Buddy Teevens. That might be the worst P5 hire in college football history.

droski likes this.
  10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it was as obviously terrible hire when they made it too.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

They re not the 85' Bears, no.

But given the roster they re not near as deplorable as the O.

The offense has talent experience and better depth. No reason for them to be that bad. Save the signal caller.

justingroves likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This might be the best comparison of pruitt yet from a friend of mine -

For the record, I actually like Pruitt. I think he could end up being a good coach. But as I watch the Andy Griffith episode where another town tries to get Barney to become sheriff, I can’t help but see the parallels to our situation here. Getting one of Saban’s assistants might be akin to hiring away Barney Fife to be your head coach and expecting to get Andy in return.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Your friend is a genius.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Kentucky will be the team that saves Pruitt this year. Sawyer Smith makes Guarantano look like Favre.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Michael Penix had a nice little game against Michigan State. Another QB Pruitt and company told to get lost.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I thought he left with DeBord

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I believe he decommitted a week after Pruitt was hired. I don’t know the story behind it, but that’s when he moved on.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pruitt called him and said his scholarship was no longer available. He gave an interview about it. Said he would have stuck around.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was a dumbass move on Pruitt's part

But, imagine watching JG and McBride, then wanting to keep any other QBs the previous guys had committed

Memtownvol and TurtleTiz like this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That's a great point. I think word had gotten around through all of football the Butch and his staff did ZERO evaluations.