NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How that man became a billionaire is beyond me. Everything else he touches turns to utter shit.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

His dad and brother were really good at it.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Plus he wasn't that bad at the family business either.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Against Arizona.

NashVol11 likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27699720/barnwell-dolphins-really-doing-how-tank-win

Yeesh.

NashVol11 likes this.
  6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Vols suck, Phins suck, so good news, I don't need to follow football that much. So now the fantasy league I'm in, that I let autopick because I was getting the house ready for Dorrian, is killing everyone. Back to keeping track of this shit again.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I knew the first three games defense for the Packers was a mirage.

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

That wasn’t pass interference?

9. Unimane

Defense for the Packers still a joke.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That was some cheap shit from Barnett

11. Unimane

So the guy can just go through the WR to make a play? Ok.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The whistle didn't blow, he's playing to the whistle. It's what they are taught to do.

Get pissed that they don't kill the play quick enough.

13. Unimane

No, I like Derek, but that was cheap as hell. He sprinted to drill a player already held by two guys, launched himself and lowered his head to give a helmet to helmet shot. That was pretty weak.

NashVol11 likes this.
  14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep, and that was vintage Barnett. Has been playing that way since high school. No mercy, no quit until the whistle blows.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It was absolutely unnecessary.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The game of football is unnecessary. It was spur of the moment for a guy who’s always played that way.

I suppose he could have paused and worked with ball carrier to negotiate his taking a knee without violence, but probably just didn’t occur to him in that split second.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The game of football may be unnecessary. And within that unnecessary game, there may be unnecessary hits.

Like last night.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ive talked to a couple former pros about stuff like that and in summary, we have no idea of the size, speed, energy and mindset it takes to play at that level and speed with so many big athletes around. Hut is the start and the whistle is the end. Sometimes in between gets nasty and bleeds over. Slow down one time before the whistle and find yourself benched.
    Refs need to blow more plays dead, faster and clean up the late hits on stagnant ballcatriers and piles.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not dirty. Unfortunate he got hurt, but he's fighting for yards and whistle wasn't blown. This stuff happens in a collision game.

zehr27 likes this.
  20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ll add that I don’t think the play is any kind of referendum on the player he is, the person he is, or the work he’s put in to get where he is. I certainly don’t think he intended for his opponent to be stretchered off the field either. It was pretty clear he was upset about it too.

But still, despite all that, it was unnecessary.