After sleeping

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 20, 2019.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Does Smith come back next year? This OL can be pretty good.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

One thing of note for this week.

SC is coming off UGA and UF. Last year they went into the game off a bye week.

4. Beechervol

We needed to put their QB in a position where he had to play. That call and the following call on Taylor prevented that pressure from being applied.

"Bama and LSU are undefeated and on course for a 1 vs 2 matchup, yay!"

- SEC office

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And that is the rest of the story

Memtownvol and RockyHill like this.
  6. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

Yes, this. And if they insist on kicking a player out, I’d rather see them sit for a specified amount of time like the penalty box in hockey. Sit 15 mins of game time or 7.5 mins of game time and then be eligible to return to the game. Or hell just sit them for 1-2 possessions by the opposing team. It’s all ridiculous either way.

BigOrangeBeech and justingroves like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt he comes back unless teams are scared of his health

chavisut and Beechervol like this.
  8. Beechervol

If he can get drafted and get a contract he should do that.

Would be nice to keep him another year but if he can go he needs to.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I can't really say much more than what's already been stated in this thread other than my hatred for bama has taken another level. They've been recruiting 4 and 5 star athletes for how long now and they still need the [uck fay]ing refs to bail them out!? [uck fay] those inbred mother[uck fay]ers and I hope at their next home game there is a rain storm during their light show and it causes an electrical fire that burns their stadium to the ground.

Gator H8R, tfannon, vols85 and 6 others like this.
  10. Beechervol

The goober they had on last nite during the replay mentioned safety (as they all do).

The penalty doesnt keep the guy from getting hit especially on a play like that. I'm fine with them trying to curb the egregious stuff that doesnt really have anything to do with the play itself, but that was a football play where both guys are lowering their head.

Memtownvol, kptvol and lol vol like this.
  11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yep that’s just one where the rule sucks. If that’s targeting then in that scenario we’re saying a defender must concede the touchdown (or a first down in other cases). It sucks.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Go get paid if you can. I still think the OL can be a good unit either way.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is teaching the offensive players to lower their head as much as possible. An easy fix would be to not allow the crown of the head to be lowered.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Since it's a play that can be reviewed, I'd just add to the rule that if the offensive player lowers his head while approaching or before contact, it's not targeting.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You know its pretty hard to dive down with your shoulder without your head being attached and follow the shoulders.
    Need to outlaw diving forward or call it down like a slide if defense cant come in low and defend the line.

16. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I wish theyd just get rid of the [dadgum] review process. Dipshit refs are blowing calls are a higher rate now than before and half the time the video review doesn’t correct it. Just fine them post game for poor “judgement” calls or something. Review slows the game and hasn’t improved the results or accuracy.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But that goes against all natural reaction to getting hit

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This seems like the only way to do it if you are dead set on calling all helmet to helmet stuff. The ballcarrier is ruled down wherever he was when he started to go down like that.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Absofreakinlutely

I dont mind a personal foul penalty, but the ejection part is the dumbest.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree, but you can't make it a penalty for the defense but not the offense. And further, if it is dangerous for one, it is for both.

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.