Pruitt...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 19, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, we were generating pressure and getting sacks these last 2 games. that significantly changes the level of performance of this defense and allows for turnovers to be generated.

I'm not conceding any of these games.

awebb7 likes this.
  2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

All JG has to do, if he does play, is not turn it over f it up. I have little confidence he can do it as most if not all do on this site.

3. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

I dont know about yall, but I about jumped through the ceiling when I saw that OL push a RB for an extra 5+ yards. I haven't seen that kind of grit from our OL in I dont know how long. I was fired the [uck fay] up.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah our OL hasnt opened holes and been that physical with an alabama DL in a long time.

5. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Signs of good things to come.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Bama lost it’s starting QB, and Heisman front-runner

2. You can’t play above your head every week, much less for 7-8 straight ones, if you count as far back as UGA. At some point, you are what your record says you are. It’s made more difficult because the difference between both in/experienced teams and good / bad ones, is consistency.

3. I’m not trying to be a [penis], but these are mostly the same cats who eschewed any serious consideration of how difficult it would be to win games with a team so thin at DL/DB, such as we have, and who instead were busily predicting 9 wins this season.

I hope we win them all. I’ll be pissed if we don’t. But I’m trying to establish some helpful perspective, for any who care to consider it, in the (likely) event that we lose 2-3 of the next 5.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm not back "in" on Pruitt. While I am rooting for him, the chances are just as good for him ending up as a Curley Hallman than actually achieving long term success here.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He isn’t merely a terrible QB, because even terrible QB’s can occasionally hit a throw, or be protected in managing a game.

As Groves said a few weeks ago, he is mentally broken. Fully, completely and irrevocably. He can’t read defenses, call blocking, identify obvious blitzes, and post-snap, he’s scared to death and can only tolerate standing there for 2 quick seconds before throwing to his check down.

Honestly, he looks like what I’d imagine if we just pulled some kid out of the stands and put them in. I don’t mean this jokingly, either.

I don’t know all of the specifics as to why, but it’s overly obvious that he’s not even a viable option. With the shit he pulled at the goal line, I don’t know how you could possibly justify playing him again, either at the presser or in the locker room.

Of course, he may both start and throw for 350 and 4TD’s on Saturday, but it will be like some out-of-body experience, if he does. IP would have to go to church this Sunday, having such proof of God’s existence and gratitude for his love of the Vols.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know that he's scared. A scared QB probably makes quick decisions and forces throws. I wouldn't think fear would make him go rogue on a designed handoff, either. You'd think he'd be thrilled to potentially pass the burden of failure off to Crouch.

He's not good. I don't think he was ever good. I think his father and Butch really promoted him, he has a big arm, plus he somehow managed to get an Urban Meyer offer. So the services gave him a four star rating. He averaged less than 120 total yards a game as a junior and less than 170 as a senior. Those are hardly elite numbers. Then he gets here and is immediately beat out by Dormady, who had to transfer 43 times to find a starting position.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was a 5 star on one of the services

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He probably threw a ball in a trash can at some Rivals event better than Tua or some such nonsense.

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

1. Tua isn’t winning the heisman - even is the top two vote getters die on the way to the ceremony, and we also lost our QB.

2. We’re back at home against a team we have a legit shot of beating. I think Card’s right, we turned a corner beating MSU. Above our heads or not, we play with any aggression and we can pin sakerlina every possession.

3. We’re thin, but these kids have a lot of fight. Show up expecting to win and hit them in the face on the opening drive.

That said, we won’t win starting JG. If he is even dressed I hope the game plan is punting on first down and counting on our defense scoring.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

They showed fight, beat a ranked opponent, and still got it handed to them by Missouri and Vandy last year.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kentucky doesn't count

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It did at the time last year.

justingroves likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, it's expected because it's Kentucky

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Guys like Norris and Groves, who have remained positive, were the ones predicting 9-3.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

What's crazy is if we dont start the season out still sitting on the jon, we're staring down the barrel at 9 wins.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was 7-5/8-4

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Oh, the official prediction thread you put 9-3.