Pruitt...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 19, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then [uck fay] GSU and BYU for crushing my dreams

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think they can get to a bowl. I just need some more evidence before I think they will get to a bowl. If they lose to SC, I strongly believe they will not make it. I just don't see this team rolling off four straight.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

winning out and getting to a bowl is 100% based on qb play. We have the rbs, OL, wrs and defense playing more disciplined and well enough and coaches with some solid and improving game plans going back to BYU

Memtownvol and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We are improving every week ATP. I’m at 5-7 and will be fine with that if we continue to grow and beat the hell out of Vandy.

I expect recruiting to land around 15ish.

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

If we don't win the Vandy game, all gains will be forgotten. Vandy is garbage.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  6. chavisut

Ha definitely not a shot at you or Norris. Just an observation that the 9-3 folks aren’t necessarily the ones giving Pruitt the toughest time. At least on here.

Personally, I saw anywhere between 5 and 9 wins so landed in the middle at 7.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

my expectations are irrelevant. they're either playing hard and improving or they are not. at this moment, they are

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh, I was pissed and ready to eject him back to Gumpville after the first two to three weeks.

UGA and Mississippi Mistake really have turned me back, and the punch in the mouth he gave Bammer has really given me hope.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This goes for any football coach at any time in their tenure in Knoxville

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Man who wasnt ready to send em all packing after that GA St debacle? I went to the BYU game and saw the team take a step, they were prepared played hard, and should have won, but I witnessed firsthand the biggest problem we all know we have and that's the QB position. Ever since that game I toned down my criticism of Pruitt. Doesnt mean he hadsn't made mistakes or that I think hes gonna take us to a championship, but I at least know that not all the problems we have are on him, in fact I am moving more and more towards saying that little of it has to do with him and that's mainly because I see the team improving. We are just where we are because of our QB situation right now.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee is a half ass decent QB away from being a pretty good football team.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is exactly the goal.

1. Get better each week by continuing to develop the players we have.

2. Recruit increasingly better athletes.

3. Rinse, repeat.

Do these things and the wins will take care of themselves.

In the meantime:

1. Play hard and give me something to be encouraged by now. While we may not yet be talented enough to hang with everyone, show me that we don’t suffer from any lack of a willingness to fight and compete.

2. Scheme and coach’em up. At the very least, show me that you’re not going to be a liability on game day. Ideally, show me that you can outsmart and out plan the other guy, more often than not.

Do these things, and you’ll get the patience and support from the locker room / fans / Admin that you’re going to need while getting it turned around.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Really needs to be top 10. imo

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If we can get to a bowl, I wouldnt be surprised to see us surge a little and get there or at least make a run at it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. chavisut

I don’t see it happening. I put the Haven trio, Hardy, and Barron in the 247 calculator and that would be enough for around 20th last year. We’ll add a few more but they would all have to be elite to crack top 10.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I know there is a 649 page recruiting thread, but I'd like the Cliff Notes version.

A quick google of rankings would lead me to believe that our 2020 class sucks--30th in the country, 11th in the SEC by rivals, slightly better on 247. Truth, or just the man trying to keep us down?

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cotton we only have 13 or 14 commits, 1 being a long snapper who brings ranking down a little. We need bodies. I believe the staff can find kids who fit their system and coach them up as they have with the young guys on campus now.
    We have a huge need at DL and LB and not many committed, which is worrisome, but, Gooden is back next year as well as Gibbs. Those 2 will have a big impact aside from the class.
    We will hopfully see gooden/Middleton next to each other next year with big John and Haynesworth size causing problems.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It depends on the finish. There's only 14 commits in Tennessee's class. Everyone ranked above Tennessee has at least 3 or 4 more commits (in some cases 9 or 10) with the exception of Stanford and UGA who both have 16.

They add the 6 in state guys they're in on, they'll move up substantially. They close on some of their "big fish" targets, they'll jump higher.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Whitehaven 3 would be nice additions.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think they're Vols. I think Hardy and Baron are Vols.

Then, you have a better than 60% chance with Omari Thomas and the Oxendine kid from Kentucky. There's plenty of dline depth there.

That leaves you four spots to get in an offensive tackle and some of the big time guys like Noah Sewell, Arik Gilbert, Darnell Washington, Trenton Simpson

Try and flip Rakim Jarrett and Chris Morris

They're going after Zaquandre White, a JUCO RB too.

It's going to be interesting to see how it shakes out

NYY likes this.