‘22 TN QB Ty Simpson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by yont sum iss?, May 31, 2020.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I guess I would encourage my kid to go where he wanted

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If my son was a five star and had offers from Tennessee and Bama, I'd recommend bigly that he go to Tuscaloosa. I'd let him make his decision, but picking Tennessee over Bama in their current situations would be a poor one in almost every scenario.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I mean Bama isn’t the only option. I would encourage him to not go to a hated rival and push him towards Clemson/OU/Ohio State or even TAMU first.

justingroves likes this.
  4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'd push my hypothetical 5 star to go where we're getting $200k mfers.

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’d more easily stomach Bama than Clemson at this point. I can’t take that shit anymore.

Volgrad98, utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Watching Dabo smarm his way through a shitty ACC while doing his folksy shit like make millions of dollars while saying he'd quit if players got paid is aggravating. Plus, it's been Clemson who's most benefitted from our fall, not Bama. In the 90s, a lot of those kids are Vols.

SetVol13, utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

So I saw it reported that he’ll be choosing between Alabama, Tennessee, and Clemson.

I don’t know if that’s just the belief of the recruiting outlet, or if Simpson’s camp specifically gave those 3 as the finalists...

but, if Simpson provided those 3 as is his finalists, youd almost think, if it’s not Tennessee, it’d be best to announce you’ll be choosing from Clemson and Alabama, to soften the blow ahead of time rather than taking the air out of a gymnasium full of UT fans...

all that to say, I’m just over here trying to convince myself he’s a Vol.

IP likes this.
  8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Or he's softening the blow by even including UT.

IP likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Quite honestly, looking solely at video, the Horn kid is every bit the QB Simpson is, by my untrained eye. Both are life long Vol fans with Horn a legacy. How Tennessee would it be to miss on both, especially on the heels of Trevor Lawrence?

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Land Horn and run.

Unimane likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt had all his chips pushed in on Simpson and spent very little time recruiting Horn. Ty had all but committed to Pruitt

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

JT Carver being from the same school could be a small point for UT.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

*fries, not chips.

Unimane likes this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

And I had all but diagnosed him as having brain worms.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If I were a hot shot QB and really wanted to enjoy my 3-4 years of the college life in a great environment... it’d be hard to pass up Arizona State. My GOD, the women there...

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Onward and upward without him.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

And, Alabama it (officially) is.

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Well, can’t blame him.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We didn't really want him anyway, imo. Can't wait until Jeremy Banks meets him across the middle.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The recruiting effect might be the toughest hit. Great in state class and we can’t anchor with the biggest name. Tough that Heupel couldn’t pull him considering the success QBs are likely to have in this system, but time was not his friend.