#1 Receiver in 2011

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Aug 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The Kelley Washington special.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Da'Rick Rogers will be the go to guy IMO.

I think he might have a Meachem type year this year.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I honestly think Vincent Dallas has a pretty big year, for a freshman. everyone has said he continues to impress.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's crazy.

But why hasn't that manifested itself in the scrimmages? Or has it and I'm missing something?

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Are you talking about Rogers or Dallas?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rogers

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think both of his scrimmages have been good. Just going off memory I think he has over 100 yards with quite a few receptions. Let me check.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

8/13-2 rec 19 yds 1 TD
    8/9-6 rec 77 yds 1 TD

Combined for 8 rec 96 yds and 2 TD's.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rogers has absolutely dominated in practice. He's been kind of called off in scrimmages to a degree.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Biggest thing to me is a third down receiver. Hunter and Da'rick will do their thing, but do we have that guy this year who can convert a 3rd and 4. I just don't see either of them being that guy.

Hate to throw Rogers in that role as token white guy, but I don't know who else will step into it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I forget that Rogers isn't necessarily getting a ton of looks in a scrimmage setting. Thanks guys.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You're welcome. :)

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't trust him to make a clutch catch.

14. Volsinurmouth

Volsinurmouth New Member

Arnett will end up being the slot guy after Z. Rogers proves not to be. Zach will get 1st shot though. I hope Rivera is the 3rd and 4 guy honestly. I like being able to count on the TE in the passing game.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Agreed. Arnett is just too damn good to stay off the field for long.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I wouldn't doubt it. It won't be a Fulmer move where they play him all season. When Arnett proves he is better, which he definitely will, he will play.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Everyone has sad he's had a very good fall camp. I think he's probably earned the shot at being the #3 with seniority and apparently having the practices to back it up. Plus, I trust Baggett's opinion just a little more than some of the guys we've had in there before.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Z. Rogers' window is closing. If we wants to see the field regularly, this is the year.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Perhaps he has developed some chemistry with someone else this off season but Hunter seems to be his go-to guy. His height advantage is forgiving of Bray’s tendency to throw it up and hope his guy gets it.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

DRogers has no problem climbing the ladder to haul them in.