14 years later

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 31, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Terrible

2. WM

WM Active Member

There has been some backlash on the response time. Apparently it took 15-18 minutes for any officials/ EMTs to attend to this person. Expect more fallout from this.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I've been to many games at the GA Dome and even sat right at the upper deck railing. How in the world do you fall over it?

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I was at the 2001 debacle and am still pissed at Fulmer, the staff and the players. That second half was one big 'come on man' moment. That vaunte D couldn't stop a QB draw? After seeing it like 10 times in a row? Two fumbles on game breaking plays? Come on man!!! Fulmer was done after that game, he was just allowed to continue zombie like for another 7 years. In hindsight it is hard to believe he was allowed to continue for that long.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They are talking about tearing down the Dome and building the Falcons a new retractable roof stadium in the area.

6. I was close by. He was very drunk, and it was a section full of frat guys.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I can confirm that being drunk and sitting in the upper level of the GA Dome could lead to falling. I felt like I was going to take a tumble walking down the steps. My wife, who was sober the time we both sat there, had the same sensation of feeling like it was hard to stop while coming down the stairs.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I would be in favor of this, but I really like the location of the GA Dome. It's convenient to downtown and the subway.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anyone heard from hat? Hope he is alright. He usually shares his views right after the game

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm good. Just enjoying the weekend.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It seems incredibly steep to me.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Accidents happen, but the response time is inexcusable

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Depends on how quickly they were notified.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I had a feeling this might end up being the case.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He was celebrating a Tennessee touchdown that happened at 8:23 p.m. when he fell over the railing, Lemaster said.

Officials said EMTs arrived at 8:24 p.m. after responding to an emergency dispatch inside the dome. At 8:28 p.m., additional EMTs arrived before Grubb was carried out of the dome on a gurney at 8:31 p.m. and arrived at Grady Memorial at 8:55 p.m., the spokeswoman said.

Investigators await toxicology results in Georgia Dome deadly... | www.wsbtv.com

16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Have to consider the source, but according to all accounts on TOS, that's bullshit.

But I'm sure a few minutes can seem like forever in that situation.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Agreed. It should be pretty easy to identity via hospital records when he arrived at Grady.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

From what people who were there said, that is a lie. Dunno, I wasn't there.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Supposedly all the CPR stuff that is performed in actual emergencies is an average of over 2x as fast as the training suggests. Time gets pretty squirrelly in these situations. Not ready to throw the response te under the bus just yet.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How good is CPR in a case of blunt force trauma? You fall thirty feet and land on your head, is there much they can do?

I'm not trying to be callous