17' MS RB Cam Akers

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 5, 2016.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I have to wonder how Butch addresses questions to RB Recruits related to Jalen Hurd.

1. Jalen was a Drain, but you are a Fountain!
    2. He refused to follow his designed blocks and instead sidestepped and intentionally ran right into the lineman that were allowed to penetrate the backfield...by design.
    3. We still got his NFL ticket punched.
    4. I felt like he was taking too many hits and I suggested to his family that we protect him for the draft. Player safety is my number 1 concern.
    5. Jalen really was a TE being a Team Player. So you cannot compare yourself to him as you are a true RB.
    6. Jalen and I agreed that by him stepping aside, Alvin Kamara could get MORE carries and improve his draft stock. Team! Team! And, it worked.
    7. Jalen did not want to be part of something special anyone. He had had it with special. Don't you want to be part of something special???

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If I give you a bucket of money, will you play at Tennessee for a year, possibly 2?

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The school I work with played his in the playoffs. Talking to people around there, they never mentioned Tennessee. Mentioned every school but Tennessee. Even a local prep write interviewed him the other day and TN did not garner much attention.

Beware of Ole Miss. He supposedly spends a lot of time there on the weekends off the radar.

Best thing going for TN is his relationship with Trey Smith.

4. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Ohio State and TN.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Urban told him that at OSU he would only have to play 2-3 tough games a year, thus saving his body for the pros.... in the SEC he would get beat up every week.

That was from one of his HS coaches.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And if you get beat, yell chest pain.

I hate Urban

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

In that case, he should choose Bama seeing as they have several backs in the NFL. He could then redshirt one year, sit behind someone for another year and split carries a third year before going in the draft.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

We'll just give all his touches to Josh Smith. Problem solved.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Watching him in the Alabama Mississippi HS All Star game. He's 10 att for 26 yds in the 1st quarter.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Are they stuffing the box or is he just struggling? Or is Miss O-line just no match for Alabama defensive front?

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Heard it was the last. His OL no match for their D line.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Previously committed there. #1 RB from Cali is committed

13. Oldvol75

Al's D line was quite impressive. I'm not sure on the final yardage but he had around 60 or so.

14. Oldvol75

I was more impressed with a RB named Hill that is going to Miss St. That kid will be one heck of a RB.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hill will likely be a problem wherever he goes. Seriously, he is not a good dude. Hell of an athlete, but a real turd. The team that I work with plays in the same district as Hill's team. I know he was suspended for a half more than once. In one of those games, he was seen trying to fight his own teammates. When we played them, you could audibly hear him dog cussing some of his teammates on the field.

A JUCO coach told me that they are very confident that he will be in the JUCO ranks for the next two years.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Announces 12-27...many are thinking FSU

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Heard they have made a lot of ground up and have him thinking he will be the next Cook.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

More salt on the wound, Graham is recruiting the hell out of this kid.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Kid would be stupid to come here.