17 TN WR Tee Higgins

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Aug 24, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And there's still no excuse for it.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It was all but done from what I was hearing. Still don't know what happened.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Maybe not an excuse, buts certainly a valid reason for a kid to not choose UT.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Which holds little relevance. Jones was pulling top 5 talent coming off 5 win seasons. This has more to do with our passing game and WR development than anything. That can be traced back to 2 people.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

#WRU

6. RockyHill

Dooz said there isn't one reason the kid should think of going elsewhere. That's all my response was, a reason that could motivate someone's thinking.

7. Beechervol

I understood your point. Just think its slightly relevant at best.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dabo and his staff have more connections to the area right now than we do. And it's because of Azzani.

9. RockyHill

You think it's slightly relevant that Dabo just made the championship and is the favorite to win this year, while Butch is 3 regular season losses from his star being completely burnt out?

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He's got to go. This shit is ridiculous and now out of control.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

As much as Butch sucks at in game coaching... Not being able to convince anyone to take him may be his downfall here.

12. RockyHill

There's a part of me that hopes we go 9-3 and he jumps ship. The only way Butch can take us where we want to go is if he capitalizes on this year's talent to keep recruiting going and brings in a real OC.

13. Beechervol

Your putting a lot more weight than I do on what the team does. Jones pulled elite talent at this very position until the product didnt pan out, and that was before he won 9 games. From everyone that Ive heard that should know this decision had a lot more to do with what the school can do for him and his career. Azzani and this offense is gonna be an obstacle going forward until this gets fixed or they are gone.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Azzanni couldn't get the oc job at Maryland with Durkin, his bff. He's not leaving without being asked to

15. RockyHill

Haha, I meant Butch.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The qb coach is a grad assistant here, too

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My mistake.

I can see Butch leaving if he fails to reach the secg. He's not a fan of pressure

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Didn't need him anyway

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Bad decision on this kids part; 4 years under a Butch Jones offense and he would have been the best blocking wide receiver in the Draft.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If I were an elite WR, I sure wouldn't play for Butch. His offensive philosophy is idiotic at best. His WR coach....well, let's just say we'd probably be better off going the route Butch has gone in the past with the QBs, just get a grad assistant. Stances suck. Get offs (the ball) suck. Our ability to separate from tight coverage sucks. The cherry on top, from most all accounts, is that Azzani is an asshole that thinks he knows everything about everything when he doesn't know shit from Shinola.