'18 OH RB Tavion Thomas

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 23, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's pretty clear what Pruitt wants out of the RB position.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

huh?

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Hammers.

5. Ssmiff

totally misread it. Yes looks liked he is going bama size rbs with 1 or 2 3rd down backs.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, it appears he wants to demoralize defenses. I'm okay with that

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You better have an elite back if you wanna do this. Cedrick Houston and Jabari Davis aren't gonna get it done.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Those guys were just a combo of out of shape/too heavy (minus Houston's 04)

9. Ssmiff

I liked Houston

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Houston had an undiagnosed thyroid condition that made him sluggish. Also had Billy Ray Cyrus’s cousin teaching the guys responsible for making holes for him. He could have been a really good back.

He was also forced to play injured a lot because Jabari was so bad, Riggs was always in the doghouse, and they couldn’t figure out how to use Tinsley. Good luck, ETSU.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Houston played a little pro. Seems like the Jets. Jabari appeared to just close his eyes, grab a sandwich and run straight. Riggs never impressed me. Had some speed, but not elusive and not good vision, imo. I think he got ahead due to his name. Tinsley would have potential in a Kamara type role NO is doing imo.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He started a few games for the Jets and was OK. Hurt his hand in a car accident and I think retired not too long after.

Riggs only got consistent PT for 1.25 years or so and was very effective then. He bulldozed LSU in that 2005 game.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I doubt another team in the country pulled a better two year class as far as their rankings went.

Riggs and Houston did both go over 1k in 20o4 IIRC

justingroves likes this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think they all three had weak vision. I actually think Houston had the worst vison of the three but ran very very hard. Davis was never as powerful as advertised. Just went down too easily. Riggs tried to do too much instead of following his blockers. Clearly there was a problem with O-line play by this point. Credit Randy Sanders for that.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sanders didn’t hire a terrible OL coach then replace him with a terrible tight end coach. The OL continued to be weak even after Cutcliffe came back. He just figured out how to work around it to make the offense decent.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

A movie or miniseries should be made on the 01-05 Vols squads.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

How to Kill s Football Program