'19 TN OL Bill Norton

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 27, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Will decide between UGA and UT soon. UGA has been leader for months, but Pruitt recently got back in the door and he will take a last visit to UT before deciding.

Best Staff in America ignored him when he was on a visit last year, then Hoke said maybe he could come up to camp and earn an offer (not knowing who he was and that he already had an offer). So that's what we're dealing with.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Going going to be hard to even get the instate guys now. Unless they are VFLs, they have to be borderline stupid to come here for this rebuild if UGA and Bama are calling to help them win championships.

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Committed to Georgia.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thanks, Hoke

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[uck fay]ing Butch, it's going to take 7 wins and a couple of embarrassing recruiting misses to get him out of high school coaches and players' minds

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we have just sucked for too long since these dudes were in HS and middle school football. Add in transplants building up mid tn football and they have zero ties to the school. Only hope is Ga and Bama can't take all of them.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The butch hire was such a bad hire, and I know that's an understatement, but damn. That mf'er set our program back in so many ways. [uck fay] that guy.

At least Dooley didn't pretend to be anything he wasn't, he just sucked.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, Dooley took the job for the eventual buyout. He actually manned up and took a beating in the media towards the end. Butch is a smug, arrogant idiot that sucks at his job but thinks he's great.

10. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

No kid in school (elementary, middle, and high school) has seen Tennessee relevant. Crazy how quick things can change

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Recruiting needs to get going.

12. Ssmiff

is scherrer even a factor in recruiting? We need some peer recruiting badly. That's one thing thats getting ga kids now. Its the place to be. We were last place and a team with some bitter guys trying to get used to Pruitt. Gotta get a big W this year somehow too. We got no proof of anything we are selling right now because it hasn't happened at TN yet.

13. chavisut

Don't need that first year. Doesn't hurt but we can still land a top class without it, especially if the recruiting monster hype is real.

JMO tho

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

This is Austin Prices' response to a radio interview when they asked him what's wrong with Tennessee recruiting. I'm not sure I agree with him, but here it is...

“The biggest situation right now for Tennessee football is to find their quarterback early.... I learned everyone in spring is going to get the same reps and the same shot. Walk-ons to recruits.” - @AustinPriceless on @Midday180

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Recruiting will be fine.

16. Ssmiff

recruiting being slow isn't due to our qb's imo. Kids just have to see something. Spring practice is coming and it will pick up. Ga is on hype train and get your seat. We arent

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's March and people are panicked over recruiting?

NEW COACH likes this.
  18. chavisut

Not panicked. I'd say slightly concerned. I said it needs to get going and it absolutely does. Recruiting is becoming an early game.

Not time to panic at al but I'd be worried if the ball isn't rolling by summer.

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Exactly. Being out of it on a big time in state recruit this early is not a good sign. I know Pruitt has a good reputation for recruiting it's just time to see it.

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

This time last year Georgia’s recruiting was very slow. Don’t be VN twats.