2001 Tennessee 34 Florida 32 (Vols Drain the Swamp)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, May 2, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I remember him being sacked far more than he had all season, and it would have been much more if not for some short passes as he was about to go down.

I was never able to understand how a team like the 2001 Vols was ever an 18 point underdog. I understand that Florida looked better throughout the year, but when is a 9-1 team ever a 3 touchdown underdog against another 9-1 team in the same division?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

A hated Grossman's punk ass after watching him dance on the T after that rainy disaster in 2002. Wanted to rip his throat out.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We were lucky to beat UK not long before.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Troy Fleming?

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Still, that kind of line seems crazy.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wellllll. We had like one win the last eight years.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

LSU was a two-TD favorite over a top five Arkansas team this year. And that's with Arkansas kinda having their number. And they more than covered.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Weren't they driving and Overstreet recovered a fumble with 2 minutes to go?

I know we were down 17-0 and came back.

That was the last year that we played Vandy last game of the season. I think we shut them out the week between UK and Florida.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are correct. First of a three year scoreless streak for the Dores.

10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I forgot all about the '01 Kentucky game. The score was actually 21-0 Cats at one point. Big sense of relief after that one ended.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Eddie Moore packed a punch. Underrated Vol.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That game was awesome but it's depressing as hell that we have to go back over a decade to find one on that level.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

2006 was almost epic... Couldn't get the calls, couldn't quite get over the hump. Damn.

14. CardinalVol

One of my favorite nights of college involves sitting around a baby grand piano in the ADPi suite quoting Original Kings of Comedy.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The bullshit "hand on the helmet" pussified subjective horseshit call on Mapu in the 06 UF game still angers me. It's the rule, not necessarily the call that pisses me off

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  16. CardinalVol

I'm still not convinced the call was right.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

But... there was the Brandon James TD called back for a mystery block in the back if I recall. Am I remembering that right?

MaconVol likes this.
  18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Incidental contact that had no impact whatsoever on the outcome of the play. Sucked. That INT would've been the nail in the coffin too.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Why you bringin' up old shit?

20. CardinalVol

I thought that was 2008.