2004 - Tennessee 30, Florida 28

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 12, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Possibly the last great game at Neyland.

I can still hear the "boom" of Wilhoit's kick to win that game.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jonathan Wade.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Brent Schaffer doing a Condredge impersonation

Cedric Houston running out of gas on a long screen play

Bret Smith's catch

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This was my first UT vs UF game as a student. This was a very fun weekend

5. NashVol

NashVol New Member

Loved that early TD pass from Ainge where he threw the opposite way.

Depends on what you mean by "great game". Probably the last big time win in a close game. But the '06 Cal, '07 UGA, and '07 Ark games might count as great games too. Nobody gave us much of a chance going into those games and they turned out to be beatdowns.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This was the complete opposite feeling of the 2001 UGA game.

7. CardinalVol

I don't think I've ever experienced the range of emotions I did in the last 3:30 of that game.

Sheer joy to sheer terror to sheer hope to sheer joy.

I still think I was the first person in the stadium to realize Wilhoit missed that XP.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, there was a kid that was about 12 or 13 that was dressed head to toe in Florida gear, screaming for Wilhoit to miss the XP and then proceeded to go bat shit crazy when he did. After the FG, he was sitting there crying while everyone around him was going crazy and his friend was making fun of him. Made me laugh.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cal 06 I agree on.

Arky 07, the team was starting to lay down on Nutt and a Richt coached team is going to choke at least twice a year. So, those two didn't really surprise me.

10. NashVol

NashVol New Member

That game also holds the all time attendance record at Neyland

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was sitting close to the band in the student section. I told the band to quit playing because he missed it and the TD didn't mean shit.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[youtube]p7MqoGow3co[/youtube]

13. CardinalVol

Everyone was going crazy and I just quietly said "He missed it." My now wife saw the look on disbelief on my face and asked what happened, and I said "He missed the ****ing kick."

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Can't find the first half anywhere, but who cares. This is the half that matters.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not sure anyone in sports history has ever gone from having millions wanting to kill him to millions wanting to have his baby in such a short time as Wilhoit that night.

16. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

My first any only win over UF in Neyland. I didn't make it to the December game in Florida. I had the most intense headache of my entire life after that game.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

In contrast, I was somehow sure the field goal was good as soon as he kicked it. Wilhoit reacted early, too.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He'd probably never been south of Chattanooga in his life and has no family or friends that ever went to school in Gainesville.

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

thanks alot guys, this is effectively causing me not to get my reading for a class done. Oh well, as Corso says, **** it. Go Vols!!!!!!

20. CardinalVol

My angle would not allow me to tell if it was good or not until it crossed, but there was no doubt in my mind as soon as it left his foot that if would have enough distance.