2011 Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Sep 29, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When the highlight of your game is a fan's catch and throw-back on a home run, you know it's a rough day. Rays just dominated.

2. WM

WM Active Member

Moore might be the ace above Price before the end of next season. Just wow, never saw a game one beatdown coming.

3. CardinalVol

He looked flat out incredible today.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Buzz, killled.

5. WM

WM Active Member

Get a [uck fay]ing roof jabronies.

6. WM

WM Active Member

Run CC!

[​IMG]

7. WM

WM Active Member

Game three on Monday at the Trop is sold out. Earliest a playoff game has been sold out there. I'm honestly impressed considering it's a 4 o'clock game.

8. CardinalVol

Halladay light out since the first.

9. CardinalVol

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I officially could not care any less about the four teams in the NL.

But I do believe I hate the Phillies worse than all the others.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

+1. Baseball playoffs is for weeknights. Compelling, enjoyable, but for weeknights.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Must win for the Rangers tonight.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Get it going here, Yanks.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Terrible baserunning Jorge. Terrible.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fister has some Weaver in his delivery.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Friggin bomb by Cano.

17. WM

WM Active Member

Coming from the lone Rays fan voice tonight, we blew a golden chance. Our supposed "ace" got rattled tonight and had a meltdown that gave up a great chance to up up 2-0 going back home.
    Splitting is usually a good thing but going back home with a shaky Price in game 3 and honestly knowing you need to wrap up both of those games is a daunting task. You have to cash in on opportunities with such a good hitting team in a five game series.

18. WM

WM Active Member

Agree, that rain has completely [uck fay]ing the Tiger's mojo.

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Absolutely. Timing couldn't have been worse. I was pretty excite for the post-season after that wild night, but they just had to start on a day of football. Glad to have something to watch on weeknights again, though.

20. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

guess I'm the oddball. After the Tennessee game, I was all about the MLB playoffs. Went to get something in Raleigh and was paying attention to the Brewers game all the way up and then the Rays-Rangers while there and listened to it on the way back. Can't believe the Rays just fell apart like that WM.

I think the Tigers are cooked as well. They needed at least a good game here and didn't get it. A win today will be huge. Verlander goes tomorrow and they have the chance to be up 2-1. I still think the Brewers can give the Phillies a lot of trouble in the NLCS.