2012 Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I get what you guys are saying but everything is not squarely on Dooley's shoulders. Again, he has plenty of faults and issues but what were you guys expecting from a football team who's starters are compiled of FR and Soph's and a few upperclassmen here and there?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Beat Kentucky

The sophomore OL to show improvement

Stop rolling Zach Rogers out there. His biggest play was a block thrown against Buffalo.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I certainly agree with beating Kentucky.

I believe you and I were breaking down the offensive line problems during the season. But either way, I agree regardless.

I agree.

Again, there's no doubt about Dooley having issues and faults.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The OL doesn't fall entirely on Dooley. However, he hired the OL coach and didn't seem to mind that his entire offensive identity was tied up in hoping the big play works.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And when the big plays are clicking, it's fun to watch. When they aren't, it's miserable.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You have to be able to run the ball.

Thus the issue with "we need to refocus on the running game" after the Hunter injury and UF loss. Eggs in one basket suck when you step on the basket.

7. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Our current offense is sound in its scheme execution is off for three reasons IMO...Cheney cannot call a rhythmic game...WRs are not ready nor running crisp routes absent Hunter...the team is not motivated nor inspired by this staff on O...JMO of course...

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And you should still be able to even if the focus of the offense is on hitting Da'Rick or Hunter for huge gains. You have a talented OL and you have some decent backs.

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

It is truly pathetic that this team's baramoter is being measured to that of NC State who got annihilated by the same Cincy squad and lost to a 4-8 BC squad.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

More than 1-7. More than 6th in the east. More than losses by 6 TDs. More than regression from last year's miserable season.