2012 SEC Schedule Thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Dec 27, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley needs to beat 2 of these 4, UGA, UF, South Carolina and Bama, for me to regain faith in him.

Beating the pansy asses and losing to teams with a pulse pisses me off. In your 3rd year as head coach, there are no more excuses. Beat teams with equal or slightly better talent or leave.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I think I'm about the only one not ready to pull the gun on Dooley right now that contributes here. If he only goes 2-2 in those his seat is quite warm even for me. Florida isn't going to get much, if any better. USCe is going to take a serious slide IMO and I don't know who Murray and McCarron are going to throw the ball to. With the favorable home schedule, I don't see why UT can't go 3-1 in those 4. The SEC East is ours for the taking with this schedule, but no one will admit that going into the season. Throw in an SECCG loss, TN should be in the Citrus Bowl next year, Cotton at absolute worst. Lack of talent, depth and experience is out the window (and I'm the last on here to say that I think).

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Of course, that is assuming this recruiting class comes through to help with depth. If it doesn't, TN will probably be an ugly 7-5 or so and because of the recruiting letdown and ensuing performance letdown, that'll be it for TCHFCATUTK in my book. My only extreme concern next year is the secondary. Everything else should at least resemble a functioning football team. The running game might not be a powerhouse, and we know I love a great running game, but it should be above serviceable.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UGA has a very good freshman WR and has recruited several stud TEs. Their defense is stout too. I have faith in Richt screwing it up, but on paper they should win the East easily.

Bama loses a ton on D and quite a bit on O, but the talent waiting in the wings there is ridiculous.

South Carolina is set up to fail back to earth hard and UF is in disarray.

I do agree this is the easiest schedule Tennessee has had since probably 2004.

5. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

If there are early season losses to NC State and Florida, i recommend following Clemson's footsteps in 2008.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Who's Tennessee's Dabo? Wilcox?

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Who are these tight ends for UGA? They lost out on Blake Jackson and they only one I know they picked up was some 3 star.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

We should win 9 of those games with the roster we have.

Im going with 7 or 8 tho.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The other TE that played this year, his name escapes me, was highly rated out of high school and made a few plays and they redshirted one of the top 3 or 4 high school TEs in the country this year.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think the 2005 UT-Florida game was an ESPN night game. Not sure why, though. I am remembering this right?

11. tripper

tripper Member

I think we will know early on after the NC State game. Before the UK debacle, I would have said that game was a gimme but NC State looked pretty good the last half of the season. If we lose that game, all bets are off. I have zero faith that DD can turn the season around after a first game loss like Richt did.

12. tripper

tripper Member

Yes you are.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not bad....

TENNESSEE
    Sept. 15: FLORIDA
    Sept. 29: at Georgia
    Oct. 13: at Mississippi State
    Oct. 20: ALABAMA
    Oct. 27: at South Carolina
    Nov. 10: MISSOURI
    Nov. 17: at Vanderbilt
    Nov. 24: KENTUCKY

Who the hell knows what kind of team we'll have, but that's not too difficult.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You can add an OOC schedule that includes a middling ACC team, a 1-aa scrimmage, the last place team from the MAC, and some guy named Troy.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Given the talent on the roster, I don't see how they win less than 9 games next year.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Can you figure out how we won less than 6 this year?

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think we both know how we won less than six this year. Barring any major injuries, even poor coaching should yield 9 wins next year with that schedule.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"Should" being key there.

I see an offense that still struggles to run the ball and poorly coached secondary leading to a few headscratching losses.

I seriously doubt Hunter is the same to start the season.

I hope I am wrong.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Everything boils down to Justin Hunter. I'm being completely serious. Bray has a damn billion dollar stealth missile launcher for an arm. But what good is a billion dollar stealth missile launcher unless you can launch 'em deeeeeeep? That was a rhetorical question. Y'all knew that. Y'all are bright. Where did I think I was posting? VN?

The (effective Hunter) + (Bray) combination is worth 14 points a game, easy. It changes the whole dynamic. Crazy to think that an entire football program can hinge (pun not intended) on the functionality of one kid's knee. But I really don't think it is any more complicated than that.