2013 NFL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Jan 5, 2013.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

When did we start talking about Rex Grossman?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think Rex Grossman is as good as brady either.

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

BOT
    Jimmy gets some redemption --- Niners 35-21.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

When he makes a career out of those? Exaggerate much?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Name the qb who has thrown more crucial INTs in playoff history? Brett Farve is the only one that comes to mind or maybe marino. I realize peyton has played in a lot of games so he's had a lot of chances to screw up, but so did montana and others.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I guess when I hear "make a career out of those" i think of Rex Grossman, or someone of that ilk.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Can we get a list of career playoff INTs and what round they were thrown in with score, down/distance, and time left on the clock included?

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Context isn't allowed when discussing stats. That's just crazy talk.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I know of the 4 INT game against the Pats, the INT in the Super Bowl, the INT that should've been confirmed against the Steelers and the failure in the red zone against the Chargers at the end of that playoff game.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

For every QB that's ever been in a playoff game.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Of course when Brady throws an INT against the Chargers the DB tries to return it for a meaningless TD and gets stripped rather than just falling down to secure the win. Not really relevant, just irritated me at the time.

As for the Chargers, they've always given Manning fits, even in the regular season, so I don't know that I'd say he choked in the playoffs. The Steelers were eventual champs.

Not sure what happened with the INT against the Saints. That quick slant was the go-to route for about three years for the Colts on 3rd and short-medium. Had a very high success rate. I think the DB just gambled that they'd run that play for the ten millionth time and guessed right. They weren't winning that game, anyway. Payton is a killer and Caldwell is a wiener. Anyway, it's hard for me to say Manning wasn't clutch that season when he got that injury-ravaged team all the way to the Super Bowl winning almost every game by 3 or fewer points.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013