2013 Open Championship

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Jul 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I always look forward to setting the dvr for 4 am and watching the first few hours of coverage before work. I love this championship, even though it pales in comparison to our great tournament.

And these things are always more fun when the Most Interesting Man in the World is scorching it!!

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Didn't expect to wake up and see Zach Johnson at -5.

3. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Zach's swing is so compact and hard. I look at his right hand and can't tell if his hand is under the club really strong or if he has a weird wrist or something. Just looks like he has the club in the palm of his right hand. But I sure do wish I would come through the ball like that.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Masters or US Open?

I would rather win the Masters than do anything else in sports.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't get HH started.

6. hallowed_hill

I had the US Open in mind, but I feel the same about the Masters.

7. hallowed_hill

Damn Tory.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

All those people walking around in the rough looking for Donald's ball is the GOAT

9. hallowed_hill

Nice to see Tom Lehman play well. And O'Meara.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I feel your pain Schwartzel.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Love seeing those guys get a taste of what it's like to be JohnnyQuickkick on the golf course

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I broke one 2 years ago. Playing in a tournament at TCC in Morristown. I was playing God awful and finally striped a drive. Standing in the middle of the fairway with a 9-iron I proceed to hit a semi-lateral and for some reason I snapped. Picked the club up like a baseball bat and the first thing I saw was the steel frame of the golf cart. I proceeded to hit the cart until the nub of a club I was holding began to sting my hands.

A low point of my golf career.

13. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I lost a driver and 3w a few weeks ago just by a little slap on my bag with a 4 iron. Just a little wrist swat. Probably the best contact with my 4 iron in weeks as it broke both shafts a few inches below the head. I didn't know until the next hole, par 5 and pulled out my driver head, only to reach for my 3w and do the same thing, as my group was laughing on a 5 hole carry and I am teeing off with a hybrid

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Thats awesome.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Course is chewing these guys up. Seems like every time they cut to a guy making a shot he is either in the tall dead grass or pot bunker.

Rather than strategy they seem to be hitting the ball and praying it lands somewhere playable. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it before.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've given up trying to figure out how Angel Cabrera clears hit gut on the downswing.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I've broken a couple of clubs entirely by accident, just on a regular swing. Too much man for them, I guess. But then, they were graphite flex shafts from Wal Mart.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

cause that bastage has strong freaking legs and is quick. That's an athletic cat, regardless how he looks.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I broke a wedge over my knee one time. That's about it.