2014 Cal predictions

Discussion in 'Cal Bears' started by IP, Aug 27, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The goldenblogs is the biggest collection of homers and apologists on the planet. They literally didn't want tedford gone until the end of 2012. even then they wrote long articles thanking him for all he's done. They also supported our idiot AD 100%.

I expect cal to go 2-10. The offense and defense will probably be better, but the defense will still give up 35 points a game. This is still an offense that ranked last in the pac-12 in points and last in yards per attempt. And cal lost most games by 3+ tds. so even a vastly improved team could still not go much better than 3-9. if cal beats northwestern maybe we will have a prayer at a bowl, but I doubt we'll beat them even though northwestern stinks. The schedule is very easy early. So cal better go at least 3-1, if not 4-0 to have any prayer at a bowl.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Avatar bet. If Cal wins more than 2 games, I get to pick your avatar for a week. If Cal wins less than 3 games, you get to pick mine for a week. Deal?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

my prediction:

pain

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is the watershed game of the season? I don't think it is Northwestern. I think it is Colorado.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Watershed, or Waterloo?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sure

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So it is written, so it shall be.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Definitely northwestern. This team has no confidence and there's lots of bad blood between northwestern and cal and northwestern stinks. Lose that game and the sac state game might be up for grabs.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could have this bet one before the end of September.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Northwestern is going to have a bounce-back year. Not sure that they stink.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If they don't win that many by then, it's not going to happen.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They lost their top rb and wr a couple of weeks ago and the big 10 stinks yet they won one conference game last year. Their qb is mediocre too. Cal probably has better talent frankly and certainly will have the better qb.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

So now Cal is a favorite in your mind?

Mwahaha, checkmate negabear.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

cal having the better talent hasn't mattered much for at least 30 years. so I doubt it's going to start mattering now.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wasn't last year the first year with your coach?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes and despite a roster filled with 4 stars he lost by 3 tds to Colorado.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is why I see that as an important game, in terms of gaining ground in the conference.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well you have two very winnable games before that. so if you lose those games, or god forbid get blown out in both of them, the team will fold pretty damn quickly. Colorado will be absolutely terrible though. so we might squeak out a victory against them and go 2-10. if you want more than 2 wins we better beat either northwestern or Arizona to gain some confidence for the harder later schedule.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ain't beating Arizona.