2014 Cal predictions

Discussion in 'Cal Bears' started by IP, Aug 27, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I see 4 wins. 3 in September.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people seriously overestimate Arizona. I actually like rich rod, but their talent is garbage and their qb will be terrible. I don't expect we'll beat Arizona either, but if we will go to a bowl game (as you suggest might happen) we have to win that game.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

please list them.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Northwestern (reconsidered), Sac State, CU-Boulder, Washington State/Washington

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if we beat northwestern (I'm giving that a 1/3 chance), I think that is reasonable. I'd add byu to the list if I didn't think we'll be torn to shreds by that point in the season though. We have no depth whatsoever. on the other hand if we can beat WSU on the road or UW I see little reason why we can't beat Arizona. kool aide time!

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

only way cal can be decent (3-6 wins) is if goff turns into an elite qb. practice reports indicate he's far better than last year, but we all know how reliable that is. he looked terrible during the spring game though.

keep in mind goff was either last or second to last in the pac-12 in the following categories: qb rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt, tds.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my favorite cal beatwriter (mostly because he's an ******* and is the only one with the balls to call out the coach or administration following cal) picks cal to win:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2014/08/27/pac-12-football-picks-of-the-week-14/

CAL (plus-13) at NORTHWESTERN: A rematch of Northwestern’s season-opening victory in ’13, in which the Wildcats returned two interceptions for touchdowns in the second half. Not sure they’re any better than they were, but I’m quite certain the Bears will be better. Got a funny feelin’ … Cal not only covers, it wins. Pick: Cal.

By kickoff, i'll probably talk myself into thinking we will win only to see us lose by 3 tds.