2014 Football Schedule: Random Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The insults don't work with me, but I'll play along if it helps you out.

You are far more entertaining when you don't get lazy and fall into the I don't understand could you clarify or personal insult shtick.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

FWIW, while I agree with the majority that says we're not beating OU, I agree with kidbourbon in saying they're hilariously overrated. Are they lots better than us? Yes. Are they better than South Carolina was last year? No.

3. OrangeEmpire

You don't think it's a lot to ask of the youth of this roster to win 8 games?

We are talking about the reality and not tradition of the Tennessee football program, right?

4. Tar Volon

Yes, I think that. Did I give any indication that I didn't think that?

5. OrangeEmpire

No, why?

Haven't you read the thread?

6. Tar Volon

Because you asked.

Yes.

7. OrangeEmpire

You're asking for effort I'm not willing to make.

8. Tar Volon

I haven't asked for anything.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Playing in Norman sucks. A fully healthy UGA team is better than Oklahoma but after Gurley's first carry the wheels came off.

I think south Carolina and Oklahoma are real close to even

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They are going to have a tough year.

11. OrangeEmpire

Good Lord!

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

It wasn't a personal insult at all, but an attempt to make light of how absurdly (I would argue) and unrealistically (same argument) pessimistic your projections are. ( i.e., nobody would peg us as a 4-8 team unless they just found out their just-turned 18 year old son was actually fathered by some dude who used to kick their ass back in high school). Get it now?

Jokes are far more entertaining when they don't require explanation.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Georgia lost to Vandy two weeks after our game. They were not good at that point in the season. South Carolina seems a lot more like the outlier than the norm when compared to the rest of the season. Yes, I realize you would probably say the OU-Bama game was also an outlier. It's a fair point.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The crux of your argument thus far has been that Muschamp is a shitty coach. So yeah, Muschamp's record against us is fairly relevant.

To get more in depth, despite Muschamp's incompetence he usually fields an adequate defense. I think it will be enough to keep a noodle-armed QB and a fresh OL from scoring too many points. Jancek will have a few head scratchers that give up huge plays and lead to UF scores.

15. OrangeEmpire

Better, but not your best.

You let the cruise control take back over.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Smart man. Gambling and emotions are about as safe a mixture as pure oxygen and acetylene.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My uncle used to make a nominal bet against Tennessee each game, so the he "won" whether they actually won the game, or not.

He called it his "Sanity Insurance", IIRC.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

OU is playing at Tulsa the week before us? What in the world? Is this a UT/Memphis type deal?

This team won't be anywhere near able to win at OU that early in the season. If it were after OU's games against tu and K-state I would put it under the "crazier things have happened" category, but not when we play them.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have done this and it actually helps.

20. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member