2014 Football Schedule: Random Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And oxygen and acetylene, when used correctly and in control, is a great tool!

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like playing with cutting torches

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Are you and JT5 brothers or the same person?

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think you already said this.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You're thinking of Card and Possum. They're brothers.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Your whole argument is in reference to a different team than the one playing Florida this year, and a different Florida team than the one playing Tennessee this year.

Even if we assume that my argument is just about Muschamp blowiing, it's orders of magnitude better than the "KPT Jersey Magic" argument. Your argument is one of those that I might concoct if I were having a terrible argument contest with somebody, and money was on the line.

7. kidbourbon

Oh yeah, I'll do that. I just ask myself, would I pay fifty bucks for Tennessee to win this game? If so, it totally makes sense to do that.

8. kidbourbon

It can't all be my best.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I've done that in the past. Took home a W against UGA in '09 and 800$ since then.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thanks. This is especially great when preceded by you asking which teams from last year were better than OU. Your "not the same team" BS is terrible and can be applied to virtually every prediction made in this thread. Everyone is basing predictions heavily off of last season. Everyone always has and always will.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy ****. The roster turns over? Is everyone else aware of this? What happens when guys leave? How do we get new players?

12. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

I don’t know much about Oklahoma and we don’t know much about our own team in terms what will take the field. But I’m in a speculative mood.

Sooners open up against a cupcake, a tune up game to be frank. They get to play mostly their 2nd and 3rd string. Letting the 1st string stay rested and injury free. That’s the good news for them. Plus the coaches will have more time to prep for Tennessee. The bad if only marginal, is their 1st string remains untested in battle for 2014. Plus, they won’t have a lot of material on the 2014 team so won’t fully know what to expect. Unless Butch is forced to reveal more of the play book in his first two games.

Volunteers open against what in our current state, are two dangerous teams. At least teams certain to put our freshman laden team to the test. Pooh-pooh the polygamy pack and the crimson canines if you wish. They’re not exactly pushovers for our youthful Vols as you may want to believe. The good news for them is they will learn fast what it means to fight for survival and to overcome adversity. Further good news is this will for all intents and purposes, be the first game for the Sooners 1st string, whereas we will be more battle tested due to earlier opponent quality. And this in two games back to back against teams that are convinced they can take the Vols and shame the SEC.

My take: We will lose the OU game because it’s in their house and we are way too young to beat someone at their level now. However, I believe we will see a game very much like last year’s Georgia-Tennessee game where we compete with a chance to win. But just won’t have the horses to pull the wagon all the way home. It’ll be somewhere along the line of 38-28 though Stoops will want a whole lot more than that. He will be frustrated by interceptions, fumbles, and overconfident gambles that don’t pay off.

[So it is written, so it shall be.]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Sporting News has them #1. Haven't seen them below 5 in a preseason magazine yet.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think they'll be good but not top 5 good. More like 9-3 top 12

15. kidbourbon

KPT wins!

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Contest is invalid. I posted some of that stuff hours ago. Thousands of cells have died and been replaced since then. I'm an entirely different person now.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it's very important to him

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They'll probably win the league, but that's more a product of having the other contenders at home than being really good.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee will have a game against a quality opponent where they look great. It may not result in a win, but you'll see glimpses of what may come due to all the young talent Butch has gotten in here.

Tennessee will most likely lay an egg against a subpar team and we'll all melt down.

A team as young as this will be very up and down. Lane, Young and Worley are the only seniors on offense.

AJ is the only senior on defense worth speaking of.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is Brendan Downs not a senior?