2015 Early Enrollees

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Jul 11, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jack Jones and Andrew Butcher have commented they want to be EE's.

I believe Preston Williams is shooting to be one as well.

Kamara most likely is due to being a JUCO.

Who else?

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

KM as well right?

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

List on toos had like half the commits on it.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Conflicting info on that. Some say EE others say he wants to participate in the track and field program at his high school

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That could be right. I'm going off their interviews

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think we will have around 8 EE's.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is there a limit to the number of EE's you can have or is it Katie-bar-the-door if you can get all 22 to come in January?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I always thought there was a limit but Butch got 14 last year and shot it all to hell.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I thought as long as you had the open scholarship room, you're golden.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

How many folks left the team early this offseason? Cuz:

15.5.6.4 Exceptions.

15.5.6.4.1 Voluntary Withdrawal.
    An institution may replace a counter who voluntarily withdraws from the football team by providing the financial aid to another student who already has enrolled in the institution and is a member of the football squad. For this replacement to occur, the counter must withdraw prior to the first day of classes or before the first game of the season, whichever is earlier, and provide the institution with a signed statement releasing the institution from its obligation to provide institutional financial aid and verifying the voluntary nature of the withdrawal. The institution may immediately (beginning with the fall term) award the financial aid to a student-athlete who has been a member of the team for at least one academic year and has not previously received athletically related financial aid. A student-athlete who has not been a member of the team for at least one academic year may not receive the financial aid during the fall term, but may receive it in a following term (e.g., spring semester, winter quarter). (Revised: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05)

Perhaps we gained a couple of spots?

11. NorrisAlan

I have secret information only available here. I have a copy of the calculator that Butch uses to generate his scholarships:

[​IMG]

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hubbs and Co said the Butch is pushing current players to try and graduate in December if they can to help free up roster spots.

Also says the sense is that McKenzie decided he wants to try and get to TN as an EE... Part of te reason for the school switch.

Likely EEs per VQ
    Kamara
    Rocky Reid
    Dormandy
    Jackon
    Jones
    Butcher

Others like Preston Williams trying.. Probably would be good to lock him down early.

If TN lands Richmond, I don't know if he would EE... MUS had a kid 2 years ago do it for Wake, but only one I can remember. Although a good academic school, their last semester is rather easy I hear, so I would say it's possible, especially for a kid they are telling he would start day 1

13. NorrisAlan

Help APR and free up a scholarship.

#bUTchGetsIt