2015 FL #1 Dual Threat QB Torrance Gibson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by MaconVol, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Thought he just visited AU this past weekend.

2. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

No he's going for this weekend for Big Cat Week or whatever tf they call it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

[video=youtube;5m6Sw26gUQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6Sw26gUQo&feature=kp[/video]

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If he doe$nt commit at BCW, we get him.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do like trucks and I don't care for Auburn

6. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I agree. It would be pretty awesome if Gibson somehow happened to bump into Peyton at Gruden's camp.

7. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

[​IMG]

Looks like Auburn's version of Sabanocchio has found his Jesse Scroggins.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Glen Knight needs a psychiatrist

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It's a "three-pronged" argument at that. Lord help us all, and the six people that "liked" it.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thank god he wasn't one of our's. Pathetic.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Dark Knight

12. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

"Take a seat, Glen. I'm Chris Hansen. What's in the bag?"

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Start at 2:22

[video=youtube_share;3zvTRQr7ns8]http://youtu.be/3zvTRQr7ns8?t=2m22s[/video]

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I really hope Butch and Bajakian can pull this one off, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea I bet Auburn punks us again for a prized recruit. It sucks too cause Auburn is such a terrible place. Literally the only thing to do there is stand in a cow pasture or watch a few traffic lights change. Hell, they don't even have those stupid trees anymore to serve as an excuse to play with Toilet paper. I doubt Butch goes down quietly though with this recruitment.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"Just a pint of Chunkey-Monkey ice cream, an UNO Wild card, some condoms and a bottle of chloroform....I wasn't going to do anything."

17. Tenacious D

To believe that there is a depth that Auburn will not sink, or a rule that they will not break (however brazenly) so as to advance themselves above their natural-born second-fiddle status is naive and foolish.

If they really want this guy - if they see him as being a "must-get" - they're going to get him, and at any price.

Hide and watch.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You'll never hear me dispute the fact that Auburn is up at the top of the list as far as dirtiest recruiters goes. However, the people that ran the athletic department and the University from the Dye era all the way through Chizik's time aren't the same people running the show now. I'm not saying they aren't still cheating, but it probably isn't nearly as brazen. Alabama has been a helluva a lot more brazen the last couple of years than Auburn has, sans the Cam Newton thing. I know that's a big one, but that's just one event, compared to Alabama's many that have reached the public eye.

(Btw, I know I'm a traitor for being a fan of both programs, so be it. My allegiance will always be with UT, but AU is entertaining and relevant right now, so it's fun. With that being said, I can be objective about it)

Is Tennessee a better program historically? Absolutely. However, it's not by a long shot. Furthermore, Torrance Gibson and the rest of the class of 2015 have no conscience memory of Tennessee doing anything memorable. Tennessee's biggest accomplishments that these kids could remember are a couple of decent bowl wins and two SECCG appearances. Auburn's coaching staff is on a completely different level than UT's right now. The idea that Auburn would need to cheat to land this kid over Tennessee is almost comical. Please note that I'm not saying Gibson will go to Auburn, his opportunity for playing time will be infinitely better at UT, and the future looks bright for Tennessee.

19. Tenacious D

1. I never knew you were an Auburn fan. I don't mind it, and to each his own, but I will just consider you to be an Auburn fan, going forward. That doesn't mean that you are any less welcome here, or that you are somehow "traitorous". It does mean that you're an idiot, but there really is no escaping that. Tigers have stripes. Auburn fans are idiots. You get the idea.
    2. That you seem to think that there has been some changing of the guard on The Plains because Bobby Lowder and his clan aren't as overtly involved is naive and imbecilic (see bullet point #1, above). As long as he and Dye are breathing, they are absolutely running the show and from a well-worn script - however many of their minions may cycle through.
    3. Tennessee's next 10 years could play out exactly like the previous ten, and it still wouldn't be worth debating that Auburn was a better program. They simply aren't on par with Tennessee, from a historical perspective, and your great-great grandchildren will never see the day that they are.
    4. Saying that Auburn isn't that bad about cheating, with the exception of Cam Newton is like saying that Mrs. Lincoln enjoyed most of the play, outside of a brief moment in the Second Act.
    5. Auburn cheats. It's who they are, and who they must be. It makes absolutely no difference if it's to gain ground or to increase an advantage, they're going to cheat. But, in fairness, it's hard to blame them, as it is the only reason why some shitty fourth-tier school built in the middle of a cow field could have acquired their stature, and which carries all hope of sustaining it. An honest Auburn would be like Vanderbilt, but without matching either their academic prowess or below-average rate of football "success".
    6. If Auburn sees Gibson as being critical to this class, they will go to any length to land him. They will pay any price. First, it's their only means of perpetuating their faux-status, and second, because it is all that they know to do. And it's worked well, thus far, to be sure.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could hurt you for that.