2015 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Mar 17, 2015.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't care what reasonable means or doesn't mean. That word isn't in the rule.

Under Rule 9.3a 1 and 2, "Goaltending occurs when a defensive player touches the ball during a field-goal try and each of the following conditions is met: the ball is on the downward flight; and the ball is above the level of the ring and has a possibility of entering the basket."

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. We don't know because it never got the chance since he before it hit the rim.

At least we'll always agree Alford is a POS.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...nt-2015?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm done.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

if that ball had any chance at going in the basket, I'm Major Wingate

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That ball had passed the only portion of the rim it could hit from where the ball was shot on the floor. So the possibility, (reasonable or not) went out the window. Unless possibility includes - changing direction on its own, that ball didnt have the possibility of going in when it was touched.

It was a poor call.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Then you have disqualified it as goal tending since to be goal tending the answer must be "Yes".

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Suck it, LSU. You didn't deserve to be in, anyways

6. Beechervol

Leave it to LSU to squander that front court and 16 point lead.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good lord LSU has the worst coach in the NCAA.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Every shot has the possibility of entering the basket, until it either doesn't or it's interfered with.

The coach said it probably was. The player admitted to the mistake. The ref called it. The veteran final 4 official noted in the article agreed. But I understand you're dug in now and don't want to admit being wrong. I've been there.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Jerry Green type situation.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Alford's kid said that god was with them when at the end in the post game interview. Can't stand him already.

11. Beechervol

If he aint, he is all up in the discussion.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

According to the box, UAB had a 6'4" guard with 9 offensive rebounds in 14 minutes against Iowa State. Is that right?

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Because God's #1 concern is the outcome of a basketball game.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You are correct, because in the history of basketball that ball has never gone in; but there is always the first time the the laws of gravity and physics fail to apply.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Then why didn't you say Yes to #3 instead of the BS answer you gave?

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Then you need to talk to the head of NCAA officials who spent all day telling people that the rule meant the ball had to have a reasonable chance of going in and defended that an obvious airball met the standard.

17. hatvol96

I told everyone. He is officially the worst coach in SEC history.

18. hatvol96

Arlen Spector officiated the game.

19. hatvol96

I hope the basketball gods find a way to smite the rest of that worthless [Penis]'s career. The only reason anyone gives a shit about his father is that Keith Smart and Dean Garrett showed up and took IU from a team that Cleveland State sodomized to a national champ.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Obvious air ball was good. I laughed.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015