2015 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Mar 17, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

When you play along with and act as if the false narrative is gospel, it may not be your fault but you are certainly a co-conspirator.

2. hatvol96

Great idea. Limit the options of kids for the benefit of administrators, coaches, and the fans of good ole State U.

3. hatvol96

Now you're doing it. Saint K "decided to live with" an awful system that has been foisted upon him. Poor guy.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not doing it. He made a clear decision that he couldn't win without it. He's right. I'm not defending it. I appreciate RMK for giving up on the game before succumbing to the turds that now populate the recruiting world and the modern player.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

not sure his incentive for changing it.

6. hatvol96

From a competitive standpoint, none. However, don't try to sell me some bullshit about the standards of your program and pretend your deal is exceptional when you are not significantly different in how you conduct business from Scott Drew.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he doesn't conduct business like Drew. He generally gets a lot out of his guys, they play as a team, they defend and he wins with the talent he brings in. Drew's guys appear uncoached.

8. hatvol96

I'm talking about the business of player procurement.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I get it. I'm not sure how anyone does it now without getting some dirt on em. I don't think it's possible.

I don't know how K could even unwind the image. I damn sure don't think he should.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I get what you're saying but this is the NBA's call and I think such a move would be beneficial to them as well as players.

What I want to see happen would keep players from having to go to college at all. You're 18, you're ready to play for the Knicks. Great! Get yourself drafted and go play for the Knicks. I just think the current system is stupid from the NBA's perspective. Instead, take whoever you want regardless of how old they are. Put them in the d-league until they are ready for primetime.

NBA's goal is to maximize the enjoyment of their sport by basketball fans--same as any other industry. If they want the minimum age to be 3 or 33, that's up to them. Of course if they chose 33, I'm pretty sure that another league would rise up to fill the great basketball void very quickly. I mean you could ask why is there a minimum age at all? LeBron could have played in the NBA at age 15.

Would college basketball beneift from more team continuity? You bet. But I don't think that that should be a factor in the decision.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You mean pieces of shit like world wide Wes.

13. hatvol96

Wes is Ghandi compared to K's guys Myron Piggie and Curtis Malone.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ghandi was actually a ****, but I digress.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Really? Needs its own thread.

16. kidbourbon

Really?

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He was kind of a jerk to his own kids and slept naked with girls to "test" his ability abstain from temptation.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was also racist.

19. kidbourbon

But he didn't slip it in em? Not even just the tip? That's impressive.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

And (I believe) increasing numbers of Indians hold the opinion that his non-violent resistance may have hurt India long term.