2015 over/under

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kmf600, Nov 29, 2014.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Good Lord.

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

8 wins. Next years oline should be better and good enough for 8 wins. Significant improvement could get 9.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Sounds like you're ready to throw down the Hee-hees. 5 Michael Jacksons will show how confident you are in those 8 wins.

4. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Here's the 2015 Schedule:

[​IMG]

How we ended up with just four away games, I have no idea but, I'll take it.

Most likely Wins: UAB, W. Carolina, North Texas, Vandy, UK(?)

Toss Ups: @UF, Arkansas, UGA, UK(?), USC ....Mizzou? ....Oklahoma?

Most Likely Losses: Oklahoma, Bama

Tenure Defining: Oklahoma and Arkansas

Unless next year is an absolute train wreck, Butch isn't going anywhere. This administration has a proven penchant for mediocrity, so I don't expect Jones will be shown the door after three seasons--especially when you consider his contract.

That said, I believe this season comes down to two games, Oklahoma and Arkansas, for two very different reasons.

If we beat Oklahoma, Jones has the opportunity to ride that momentum throughout the rest of the season. Losing to Oklahoma simply means the same excuses that have echoed throughout this fanbase for far too long (over multiple HC's tenures) will continue; i.e. he needs more time...at least he kept it close...wait and see....

Beat Arkansas, and Jones beats a formidable but (arguably) beatable team he should beat, especially at home. Losing to Arkansas, IMO, spells the beginning of the end for Jones. As I said before, I don't foresee a coaching change after three seasons but losing to Bielema would be a shot to the gut for this coaching staff, as both inherited similar situations. Bielema taking a team on the road and beating Jones would be tough to defend for anyone...but rest assured, the same orange pants brigade that defended Dooley will be there, and in greater numbers, to defend Jones.

I predicted 7 wins this year. I thought we'd finally end the streak versus Florida...we didn't.

I just don't have much confidence in this staff...

Way too early 2015 prediction: 7-5

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Unbelievable.

7. BigOrangeBeech

I hate being so negative, but after looking at the schedule again, if our OL doesn't get miles and miles down the road for next year, we will struggle to get to 6-6.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's why I'm not worried about buying a glove for just one hand.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I could argue that we can talent our way to 7 or 8 next year, but I won't as long as our coaching staff stays intact.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Agreed, our talent will have a hard time overcoming our shitty coaching.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

5-7. Butch attempts to RS Dobbs until the Alabama game for the third straight year

12. BigOrangeBeech

If we had 4 consecutive top 5 recruiting classes I would also say we could talent our way to 8 wins. But we just don't have the depth to do that yet. If injuries occur as we've seen them occur this year, we will be in trouble next year.

Right now, our best case scneraio is for the OL to be vastly improved, Dobbs to become a better passer, and Kamara to be the real deal and to come in and get plenty of reps alongside Hurd.

There are concerns with the defense, but no where near as much with the offense.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

UAB, Western Carolina, North Texas, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt. Might sneak up on USCe to get into a bowl.

#brickbybrick
    #Team119

14. Oldvol75

UAB probably won't even have a football team next year.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Curious to see how that plays out.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, just read the link in your other thread. I wonder what we would do for the opener?

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Put one on the board for the BSIA! Failing program = automatic win in my book. Looks like UAB just got outcoached.

18. Oldvol75

Don't have a clue.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I'd say lose to Okie, UF, we'll split one of Arky/UGa, Bama, we'll split one of SC/Mizzu. 5 losses so I guess 7 wins. The wildcard factor is these young guys who really want to turn this thing around. Khalil seems to be a big personality who hopefully will be an Al Wilson type leader.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm expecting big things in the year 2525, if man is still alive.