2015 over/under

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kmf600, Nov 29, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We don't know if McElwain is competent yet. The MWC isn't the SEC.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We aren't 100% sure it's McElwain.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Doesn't he have like a 7 mil+ buyout?

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Nevermind. Just saw it in the sports thread

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Butch did more at his previous stops than McElwain has. So McElwain probably sucks worse than Butch.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If by "did more" you mean either held serve or actually made the programs he inherited worse, then yes. Pretty sure McElwain has a couple of NC rings to make Butch kiss.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

As coordinator under Saban. Big difference in Central Michigan and Alabama. Still sucks though.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He kicked some pretty serious ass as a coordinator. He built one of the best teams in his conference after taking over a 3-win-a-year crapfest. Butch inherited two conference champions. Pretty big difference.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Both suck imo

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Butch has shown on field proof of progressing a program further than his predecessor?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Stop acting like a child or leave.

12. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Given comparable talent and surrounding coaching staffs, I'm willing to bet that you would get similar results from both coaches; i.e., I'm not convinced that either are especially great X's and O's.

However, the job McElwain did with CSU cannot be ignored. He may very well wind up as a very good hire...and was one of the potential coaches I mentioned in another thread that I would keeping tabs on over the next few years but that McElwain would likely land a bigger and better opportunity before Fuente and Chad Morris.

...just didn't expect it to be this year.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I thought this was an open forum for people with differing opinions? Sorry I upset you PJ.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think McElwain is plenty good with the X's and O's. It's all the other stuff I'd be worried about if I were a Florida fan.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Do you at least understand that you are indeed dumb as hell? Understand that we aren't just saying that because of your thoughts on Butch Jones? And I don't mean in the message board or understanding football sense. You are just flat out stupid. You not being here would be a good thing for this board. Remember that next time you decide to throw an adolescent tantrum for several days.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Lol. Like you know me personally.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wow. Been thinking about it since Thursday and now I finally realize for what I'm most thankful.

18. OrangeBlood79

Here's how I see it from a pure X's and O's standpoint:

Kiffin > McElwain

McElwain = Jones

I just see McElwain as having a similar resume as Jones, only with a Pro-Style offense (which I prefer).

I look at Saban and Belichick's modern day coaching trees in similar manners--until they prove it on their own, I'm not buying in completely.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

McElwain really sold me when he ripped UF's defense a new one in the SECCG game a few years back.

20. OrangeBlood79

...and Tebow cried.

McElwain > Strong, I s'pose?