2015 Season: Year of the Pig

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zero-sum, Feb 24, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Napping

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Honestly, last year was already better than anything we've seen in nearly 15 years.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True and 2 players were responsible for it. Imagine having some depth and better guys upfront

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why do you guys like to set me up for heart breaks?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think anything about McKenzie will be average. I think the day he steps foot on campus he'll be a good sec DT and grow into an elite DT. Tuttle and Phillips will be average and get better.

Another thing, O'Brien and Williams were 270 to 280 lbs. Mckenzie is going to be 330 lbs and Tuttle is right at 300. That's size that Tennessee hasn't had up front in a long time outside McCullers.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The defensive front won't be bad.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Hinges on the o-line.

8. chavisut

Can't wait.

9. chavisut

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Luckily, we hired Debord to straighten out that o-line right? Right?

Right? Amirite?

11. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

God help us all......

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hopefully.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If that was/is all we hired him for I might be ok with it

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

2015 ESPN 300 has Mac (#26) and Tuttle (#39) the 5th and 7th DT respectively. I'm gonna give ESPN the BOD that they gave Mac that rating due to not playing his SR yr.

DT / ESPN
    #1 (#2) Beckner
    #2 (#3) Thompson
    #3 (#6) Mack
    #4 (#19) Settle
    #5 (#26) Mac
    #6 (#32) Wilkins
    #7 (#39) Tuttle

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

If Hurd and Kamara have the success that Thomas and Hart had I might warm up ... a little

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

To be fair, I'd like DeBord to make fools of all of his doubters. I've tasted crow. It's not that bad.

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Jones: No Expectations Top Mine

"Long ways to go" is so subjective in terms of time and accomplishment. In '15 we are both deep and talented enough to complete for and rep the East in ATL. National stage not quite there. Consistency too, acheiving and maintaining a level (yr in-yr out) of competing for Division and Conference, being part of the playoff conversation, and competing (every other yr or three) in the playoffs.
    I'd like Jones to nix the loop "long ways to go" coach speak. We hear about his attention to / eye for detail and organizational habits some say it borders / is OCD behavior. Then it should not be difficult for Jones to give a timetable as defined by year(s).

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I'll gladly eat crow if he's the answer at OC and too, the development of Sheridan and improvement of Mahoney.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll say it's a terrible hire.

That being said, if he's here to strictly call plays with a heavy hand from Butch and work with the OL, it may work.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just coach speak, very few coaches are going to say "We're there". What irritates me is the fanbase using it as validation for a shitty season and/or coaching hire.