2015 Season: Year of the Pig

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zero-sum, Feb 24, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Lots of good here ...

Tennessee Played Scared ...

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Looks like Kirkland is now our MIKE, Smith replaces Maggitt at Sam w/ Jumper backing him up.

Voreen, Mixon and Phillips at DE

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It has actually crossed my mind that Butch has been playing Jumper solely out of an effort to turn him into a folk hero like Nick Reveiz was. He was really a bright spot that for a lot of fans was a distraction from some bad times. I almost feel silly typing that, but for Butch it really seems like a serious motive.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ginger affirmative action, imo

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

cool. fire him now.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I feel like I imagine I would feel if I found out, after years of marriage, that my wife was a habitual liar and cheater. You want her gone as fast as she can get out the door.

This joker had me until Saturday, when the curtain was ripped down and all of his chicanery was revealed. Many hear saw it early on. I was blinded by my hatred for all things Dooley. But now, the dirt has been revealed to me and I want this conman out of here as fast as he can get gone.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The parallels between Butch and Dooley continue. I didn't have a good feeling about either from the start, but was determined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Dooley lost me in 2011 with the UGA game. Butch lost me last year with Florida. Both home games we lost in a fashion where you just knew these crews would never get us even to the top half of the conference. Then I managed to talk myself into thinking each of these losers would have a pretty decent year. 2012 for Dooley and this year for Butch, just because of all the weapons we'd have. Dooley knocked me out of that fantasy the second game of the year against UF. Butch did the same thing this year in our 2nd game against OU. It sure would be nice if year 3 was the end for Butch, as well.

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

More foolishness ...

"Workmanlike" is Jones' new flavor of week. smh

debo on Kamara not seeing the field more, "a game better suited for bigger sophomore running back" Holy f**k! He can't be serious?!? Yet, I know that he is. GTFO!!!

Thigpen wanted Kirkland in the game and approachd Jancek, his reply, "No, let's just stay w/ Jump. We're in a good rhythm right now " Wow, wrong on so many levels!!! Again GTFO!!!!!

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

For what, another DD or Jones? Change has got to begin w/ the BOT, AD and some of our "loyal" boosters. Until then if Jones goes expect rinse and repeat ...

10. NorrisAlan

I have no doubts that if Butch crashes and burns, Hart will be gone before Butch is fired. I want the whole lot gone, from Cheek down to Azzani.

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

And if instead he slow burns? And those above Cheek? The rot runs deep, to get it all it will take more

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't think there is enormous rot. There is complete ambivalence and unwillingness to spend any money to make money.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Doesn't need to be enormous to be effective. Most certainly, though more the former than latter, imo

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Keep telling yourself that

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Says the voice of experience

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The problems with UT, as a whole, rest with DiPietro and his clan of incompetents, Cheek, Martin and Hart.

You'd like to sweep them all out, but at a minimum, Cheek (Martin is just an extension of Cheek) and Hart must go, if any discernibly consistent change is to occur.

There is no advantage that we have or could obtain, which those two wouldn't f-up, squander or bastardized into a liability.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I pray Blackburn comes home.

18. NorrisAlan

What is it going to take to get rid of these jackwads? Or do the even higher ups (board and governor) just not give a shit about athletics?

If so, so be it. I will stop caring and will move on with my life.

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It's working out so far for me...

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

This!!!

And while too I agree w/ your "at a minimum ... " comment, I don't see the program reaching the heights we seek as long DiPietro or his ilk remain in positions of influence and power