2016 Basketball Recruiting

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Sep 22, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Okogie and Jalen Johnson.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Not 2016 related, but....

I work in the HS athletic world......the school I work with has 3 freshman that includes (to date) a top 10 player, a top 50 player, and a top 75 player. Mix in to seniors that are mid majors and a few more young guys that will project anywhere from Juco to Mid-major down the road.

Gonna make for a fun upcoming season. Found out today that Tennessee has already been in touch with the freshman that is Top 10 (I think he is consistently ranked between 5-7). Other schools of note: Memphis, Mizzou, Miss St, Arky, LSU, UK....

I will try to drop any info pertaining to TN that I can going for....

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Any hints, hat? Is that Okogie and Johnson, or is someone else in the mix?

5. hatvol96

Johnson announcing tonight. Not real clear on who else they mean because I think getting Johnson might make Okogie look elsewhere.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Johnson a Vol.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's a start

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Jalen University

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Key (formerly Blackwell) is announcing Wednesday. I'm guessing Vandy.

10. hatvol96

I'll go Alabama. Just a hunch.

11. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

No insider info or anything but everything I've read is pointing to Bama.

12. hatvol96

Alabama it is.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

So Bama is going to bone us all week

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Really don't see this as being a deal that UT is really going to regret. They have plenty of tweeners that aren't great shooters on the roster already. They really need everything but especially bigs and guys that can stretch the floor with shooting ability.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

if you have those two, you can legit win it all with decent PG play.

The bigs problem is a glaring one. Hell, the SEC is littered with teams that flat out can't shoot at all.

I'm serious, I'd give a couple schollies per year to tall shooters and then play zone. We'd spend two practices per week only shooting. Nothing but. 750 shots / day type offseasons. I'd go into games with a chance.

16. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Turner should turn out to be a solid SEC PG and if if he's not great you have to think him or Bone will be pan out.

Shooting covers a multitude of sins. I think coaches, myself included get caught up in scheme and plays that you can look at a practice plan and realize your team hardly shot the ball in practice. Sounds simple but have to make it a priority and scale back on some of the scheme things... long winded way of saying I agree on the shooting aspect. Personally more of a man coach but understand what/why you say that.

17. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Barnes didn't really recruit him. Vandy didn't push all that hard for him either - only Bama really went all out for him.

18. hatvol96

I'm not losing any sleep over him going elsewhere.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

haven't heard anything on turner's plans since being ruled ineligible. what is he up to these days?

20. hatvol96

Practicing. He's here and on the team, just can't play in games.